Pre Lab 3
1. The whole cut sale of beef are rib (rib steak), chuck (stew meat ), short
loin(tenderloin), sirloin (sirloin steak), round ( rump toast, flank( flank steak), short
plate (short ribs), brisket (brisket), and fore shank (stew meat). The retail
Rahaf Al Hamad
Unit 3 Post lab
1. Beef it differs by veal, pork and lamb by having a bigger carcass, so it will
have larger number than the others. For lamb, the cuts are made into
roast because they are smaller compared to the pork and beef. For pork, a
STUDY GUIDE FOR CHAPTER 7
A. So far, we have familiarized ourselves with two types of isomers:
Constitutional isomers same molecular formula, different structural sequence.
Cis-Trans isomers same molecular formula, same sequence, diffe
1. The protein in milk that is affected by heat is whey protein, and the protein affected
by acid is casein.
2. Whole milk is liquid milk that can be canned as well; it must contain 3.25 % milk
fat and at least 8.25 percent milk solids-not fat,
STUDY GUIDE FOR CHAPTER 6
Reactivity of the C=C bond.
A. -bonds are weaker than -bonds and can undergo a relatively facile process of addition of various reagents,
effectively converting them to -bonds. Addition, the general theme in this chapter, is t
STUDY GUIDE FOR CHAPTER 9
Nomenclature of Alkynes alkynes are molecules with triple carbon carbon bonds. The triple bond introduces two elements
of unsaturation in the alkyne molecule.
A. As in the case of alkenes, one seeks the longest chain, containi
STUDY GUIDE FOR CHAPTER 5
Structure of Alkenes.
A. - and -bonds the hybridization of carbon, bond strengths, reasons. Electronegativity of sp 2 carbon vs. sp 3 carbon. The double bond, because of the weakness of the -bond, is quite reactive. It is the
Post Lab Unit 4
1. The chicken cutlets prepared from the name brand is less tender than store
brand chicken. So, the store brand tasted more superior and tasty than the
name brand chicken.
2. The most expensive turkey tasted the best due to its high quali
Rahaf Al Hamad
Unit 4 Pre Lab
What type of poultry is recommended for dry-heat cooking methods?
Most types of poultry can be cooked using dry-heat method whether its fresh, frozen,
canned, live, poultry. You can cook most types of chicken, turkey, hen, du