Affirmative Action-represents a sets of steps, take by an organization, to actively seek
qualified applicants from groups underrepresented in the workforce.
Bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ)-states that a condition like race,
Adaption model-is one popular approach to business strategy where a business seeks ways
to adapt to its environment.
Business strategy-deals with how the firm will compete in each market where it conducts
Corporate strategy-deals with determinin
Performance management is defined as the:
a. grouping of employees into predefined frequencies of performance ratings.
b. mechanism by which an organization monitors and documents employee performance on a periodic
c. formal evaluation of an emp
I decided to interview a member of my hall for this cultural difference assignment.
Nickolas Goliath was born and raised in West Virginia. What makes Nick different culturally is
that his mother
Which of the following is a reason for organizations to create and maintain a safe
and healthy workplace?
a. It is provided to show an organization's sophistication.
b. It encourages employees to work for extended hours.
c. It is provided to effectivel
HRM Audit & SWOT Analysis Requirements
1. Select an organization in which your team has an interest, and use the HRM Audit as a
networking opportunity. NOTE: The instructor must approve your selection.
2. Set a face-to-face interview with the most senior-
HR Audit Form
An HR audit involves an objective look at the companys HR policies, practices, procedures and strategies
to protect the company, establish best practices and identify opportunities for improvement. An objective
review of the company
1. Explain the Patient Protection and Affordable Cares potential impact on HRM.
The Affordable Care Act will affect Human Resources by making it easier for individuals
to purchase their own health care. This will help take away the large burden of health
Changing Age Demographics
In The Workplace
This paper explores five online academic journals and two websites all related to the
topic of different generations in the workforce. Longinos article and the Kaiser Family
1. What is the most important aspect of Human Resources Management you learned
from this course and why is it the most important?
The most important aspect of HRM that I learned from this course is the whole recruiting
and selection process. As I am about
1. Explain three reasons why drug testing is on the decline among firms.
Drug testing is on the decline among firms because (1) it is costly and ineffective. (2)
Managers can usually tell if an employee is impacted by his/her drug use at workplace.
1. Define and explain the following: Disparate Treatment, Disparate Impact, and
- Disparate treatment is discrimination when individuals in similar situations are treated
differently based on race, religion, sex, age, etc. - Dispa
1. There are several ways to gather information about the duties of a job in
preparation for preparing the job description. Discuss three methods.
(1) Narrative job analysis: most common approach is to have one or more SMEs prepare
a written text descript
CHAPTER 4: The Competitive Advantage
Hire the right people
Train them to be effective
Place them in the right jobs
Motivate them to work hard
Purpose and Mission
Purpose an organizations basic reason for
Reasons for a Declining Labor Force Participation Rate in the U.S
o Age group has a lower participation rate
o Large number of Baby Boomers exiting the labor force
Weak Job Market
o Lots of Outsourcing
o Increased capitalization of the U.S ec
Compensation and Benefits
Compensations are usually a payment, depending on a salary or wage, and they are based
on performance most of the time but they can be set at a particular amount previously with a
contract. Benefits are tangible and intangible, t
1. Many experts in the field have come to recognize that no set of resources is more vital to an
organization's success than its human resources.
2. Scientific management is concerned with the welfare of employees. False Scientific
management is c