Chapter 3 Study Guide
1. Which level of protein structure ultimately determines all other levels of structures?
2. Hydrogen bonds between different parts of the polypeptide chain result in which level of
3. The f
Chapter 7 Study Guide
1. Which of these is an electron carrier molecule?
2. The first stage of cellular respiration, called _, takes place in the cytoplasm of
the cell and needs no oxygen.
3. Electrons generated from the Krebs cycle
Chapter 2 Study Guide
1. The nucleus of an atom is composed of two subatomic particles, _ and _.
a. protons; neutrons
2. Atoms that bare a positive and negative charge are known as:
3. The _ of atoms determine how atoms will react with each other.
Chapter 5 Study Guide
1. Objects that are not actively moving but have the capacity to do so are said to possess:
a. Potential energy
2. Reactions that tend to go on their own, releasing energy, are called:
3. Enzymes are catalysts because th
Chapter 9 Study Guide
1. During which stage of meiosis does crossing over occur?
a. Prophase I
2. Duplication of DNA occurs:
a. during interphase
3. When does separation of homologous chromosomes occur?
a. Anaphase I
4. Genetic recombination is possible b
Chapter 4 Study Guide
1. Select the membrane molecule that is made up of a polar region with two nonpolar fatty
2. Choose the membrane molecule responsible for aiding passage of polar molecules into
and out of the cell.
Chapter 6 Study Guide
1. How much of the radiant energy from the sun is incorporated into organic compounds in
the process of photosynthesis?
a. 1% or less
2. The full range of energy in sunlight can best be described as
a. Electromagnetic Radiation.
Chapter 1 Study Guide
1. Which group includes the smartest of organisms that do not have a nucleus?
a. Archaea and Bacteria
2. Biologist study the diversity of life in many ways except the observation of:
3. _ is the process of transmission of
Chapter 8 Study Guide
1. Prokaryotic cells divide by:
a. Binary fission
2. Which is incorrect about chromosomes?
a. Chromosomes all have the same number of genes on them.
3. During which phase of the cell cycle is DNA synthesized?
4. The G1, S, and G