American Federal Government
Exam 1Study Guide
1. The word democracy is derived from _.
2. In a democratic republic the people hold the ultimate power over the government through the
election process, but all national policy decisions are made by elected o
Chapter 5 Study Guide
1. How do civil rights differ from civil liberties?
a. Civil Rights: Specify what the government MUST do to ensure equal
Civil Liberties: Specify what the government CANNOT do.
did the 13th, 14th and 15th
1. What are the 6 sub fields of political science?
a. Political theory
b. International Relations/Comparative Politics
c. Public Law
d. American Institutions
e. Public Policy
f. Public Administration
2. Why is politics necessary?
a. To be negoti