August 31st, 2016
1. List the basic documents used in estate planning.
-Side letters of instruction
-Powers of attorney for property
-Durable powers of attorney for health care
October 7th, 2016
Chapter 7 Homework
2. Support, Future Appreciation, Income on Transferred Assets
3. An installment sale with a low AFR or interest rate, partial sale-gift trans
August 31st, 2016
1. Define estate planning.
Estate planning may be broadly defined as the process of accumulation, management,
conservation, and transfer of wealth considering legal, tax, and
September 5th, 2016
Chapter 4 Homework
1. Describe the probate process.
The probate process is the legal process through which the decedents assets that are not
September 30th, 2016
Chapter 6 Homework
1. List six assets included in a decedents gross estate.
-Stocks & Bonds
September 1st, 2016
2. List at least 3 types of property ownership.
-Tenancy in Common
-Joint Tenancy with Right of Survivorship
4. Discuss what happens when a
September 24th, 2016
Chapter 5 Homework
2. List the elements of a gift.
-The donor must have the intent to make a voluntary transfer.
-The donor must be competent.
-The donee must be
Select a public company, such as IBM or Apple and review their latest 10K filing.
Answer the following questions. Use a combination of Word and Excel to complete your project.
1) What is the nature of your companys business? How do they make money? 2) How
The Strategic Importance of Location
o Location and Costs
Factors That Affect Location Decisions
o Labor Productivity
o Exchange Rates and Currency Risk
o Political Risk, Values, and Culture
o Proximity to Markets
o Proximity to
War, inflation, and the condition of the foreign markets are all examples
of Nondiversifiable risk
Unsystematic Risk _. Can be eliminated through
Risk that affects all
If the risk-free rate decreases due to a shift in government policy, the
required return goes up. False
Assuming that economic conditions remain stable, any management
action that would cause curr
1. Yield to maturity on a bond with price
equal to its par value will Always be
equal to the coupon rate
2. If a bonds required return always
equals its coupon interest rate, the
bonds value will remain at par until
it matures. TRUE
3. Yield to maturity (
1.) List the documents used in estate planning.
Side letter of instruction
Powers of attorney for property
Durable powers of attorney for health care
Living wills or advance medical d
2. List at least three types of property ownership.
a. Fee simple ownership
b. Tenancy in common
c. Joint tenancy with right of survivorship
4. Discuss what happens when a person dies owning pro