p. 1 of 21
Student name: _ Instructor:
Class meeting time (e.g., online, or Wedn, or Tues/Thur): _
CS 2163 Summer 2014 Semester JAVA TEST 1 STUDY GUIDE
To earn 10 bonus points, answer this study guide and submit the electronic copy ONLY to the correspondi
Chapter 02 Information Technologys Strategic Importance
1. Why are strategic concerns regarding information systems increasingly important
- the obligation of to obtain or maintain competitive advantage for the organization ;
Chapter 01 Managing in the Information Age
1. According to Druckers thesis, how will information technology alter the future
structure and operation of firms?
More companies will be information based and will have specialists who direct o
Chapter 03 Developing the Organizations IT Strategy
1. What are the major ingredients of a complete statement of strategy?
Statement of objectives
Expression of strategy
Chapter 04 Information Technology
1. What are the differences between a strategy and a strategic plan?
Strategic planning convert strategies into plans.
2. What do we mean by the extended planning horizon? Describe the planning horizons
Chapter 05 Hardware and Software Trends
1. What are the technological foundations for advances in digital computers?
Semiconductor fabrication, magnetic recording sciences, networking/communication
systems, software development.
Chapter 06 Modern Telecommunications Systems
1. What is telecommunications, and what defines a telecommunications network?
Telecommunication is the science and technology of communication by electronic
transmission of impulses through tel
Chapter 07 Legislative and Industry Trends
1. Using figures from Intel in Footmote 9, describe why the semiconductor industry is
considered to be capital-intensive in comparison to other industries with which you
CS 2783 Cyber Forensics
Exam 1 Study Guide
Define or recognize the following:
This sworn statement of support
of facts about or evidence of a
crime is submitted to a judge
with the request for a search
warrant before sei