>6) In neuromuscular junctions, synaptic vesicles containing acetylcholine are
found suspended in the cytosol of
a) myelin bulbs.
b) neuromuscular bulbs.
c) synaptic end bulbs.
d) axon collateral bulbs.
e) tubule bulbs.
7) After the fusion of myoblasts, t
22) Which term or condition in characterized by a loss of muscle tone?
b) flaccid paralysis
c) spastic paralysis
23) Which is a NOT a side-effect of anabolic steroid use by female athletes?
a) sterility X
27) The muscle that serves as the prime mover during a movement is called the
28) This type of muscle works by stabilizing the origin of the agonist so that it can act
30) Protrusion of an organ through a structure that normally contains it is referred to
31) A muscle that decreases the size of an opening is a
35) Which of the following muscles is used to flex and abduct the hand at the wrist
a) flexor digitorum profundus X
b) flexor digitorum superficialis X
c) flexor carpi radialis X
d) flexor carpi ulnaris
e) palmaris longus X
36) The attachment of a
38) The muscle that serves as the prime mover during a movement is called the
39) If one is stabbed on the lateral side of the abdomen, what abdominal muscles, in
order from superior to deep, will th
40) A muscle that decreases the size of an opening is a
41) Which of the following is a muscle that moves the mandible?
a) orbicularis oculi
c) orbicularis oris (kisses)
42) Which of the following is a muscle whose insertion is found on the clavicle and
process of the scapula within the pectoral girdle?
b) pectoralis major
c) latissimus dorsi
43) What is the insertion of the
d) lateral border of distal end of humerus
44) What is the origin of the rectus abdominis muscle?
a) iliac crest and linea alba
b) xiphoid process
c) ribs 5-12
d) central tendon
e) pubic bone
45) What is the action of the biceps brachii muscle?
32) Which of the following is a muscle that moves the mandible?
a) orbicularis oculi
c) orbicularis oris
33) All of the following are muscles that move the eyeball EXCEPT
a) superior rectus. X
b) lateral rectus. X
20) Which of the following types of muscle tissue contract when excited by their own
autorhythmic muscle fibers?
a) cardiac muscle
b) slow twitch oxidative skeletal muscle
c) fast twitch glycolytic skeletal muscle
d) All of these choices are correct.
8) Which of the following correctly lists the sequence of structures that action
potentials must move through to excite skeletal muscle contraction?
a) sarcolemma, axon of neuron, T tubules
b) T tubules, sarcolemma, myofilament
c) muscle fiber, axon of ne
10) The sarcoplasmic reticulum in skeletal muscle fibers is used for storing
11) Which of the following regions of the sarcomere contain just thick filaments?
a) zone of overlap
b) A band
c) H zone
d) both A b
14) During muscle contraction by the sliding filament mechanism, thin filaments are
a) Z disc.
b) H zone.
c) M line.
d) A band.
e) I band.
15) What energizes the myosin head?
a) the actin filaments
b) calcium ions
c) potassium ions
12) What regulatory proteins can be found in the thin filaments of skeletal muscle
a) troponin and titin
b) tropomyosin and troponin
c) myosin and titin
d) titin and tropomyosin
e) tropomyosin and myosin
13) Which of the following proteins is used
16) This consists of a somatic motor neuron and all the skeletal muscle fibers it
b) motor unit
c) neuromuscular junction
d) muscle unit
e) multi-unit smooth muscle
17) Which of the following are commonly used to produce ATP durin
18) This is also referred to as the period of lost excitability in skeletal muscle fibers.
a) refractory period
b) contraction period
c) latent period
d) relaxation period
e) wave summation
19) A period of sustained skeletal muscle contraction in which in
Chapters 10, 11 Practice Exam
1) The different types of muscle tissue differ from each other by
a) microscopic anatomy.
c) type of Control.
d) both microscopic anatomy and location.
e) All of these choices are correct.
2) Which of the followi
29) If one is stabbed on the lateral side of the abdomen, what abdominal muscles, in
superior to deep, will the knife go through?
a) rectus abdominis, external oblique, internal oblique
b) external oblique, internal oblique, transversus abdomin
25) The attachment of a muscles tendon to the stationary bone is called the _;
attachment of the muscles other tendon to the movable bone is called the _.
a) origin, action
b) insertion, action
c) origin, insertion
d) insertion, origin
e) insertion, a
4) This is the outermost layer of connective tissue surrounding a skeletal muscle.
5) How many arteries and veins usually accompany a single nerve penetrating a
a) one artery