5 10 2016
Bullet Ants vs. Humans
Humans and ants seem to do many things alike, however we do some things a little bit different.
Ants as well as humans tend to get diseases. Bullet ants and humans have many similarities as
A. General statements
B. Thesis statement
Victim of himself
1. Things he is afraid of
2. Conditions and care
Advanced English 1
23 October 2015
Most Americans have access to fresh fruit. Fruit is a staple in the American diet. Most of
the fruit used in the United States is grown in the United States. However
Food Chains, Webs, and Energy
Read pages 14 - 16
Define Trophic Level
Each of several hierarchical levels in an ecosystem, comprising organisms that share the same
function in the food chain and the same nutritional
Purpose- How fast the suckers dissolve (crushed and whole).
Hypothesis- If one sucker is crushed or broken then it will dissolve faster than a whole
a. Independent variable- a crushed sucker
By: Jolie Baker
The Muscogee (Creek) people are descendents of a remarkable
culture that, before 1500 AD, spanned all the region known
today as the Southeastern United States. Early ancestors of the
The Water cycle
1. Read pages 17 21
2. Define and Give examples of the following:
a. Biogeochemical cycle
The flow of chemical elements between living organisms and the environment.
EX: when inorganic elements such as nitrogen and
Lab Worksheet: Oh, What a Tangled Web We Weave
Read and use pages 7 13 in your text to help you with this lab.
Part A. Examining Food Chains
A. Study the food chains listed below.
B. Complete the table. Checkmark or X all the things that each an
BIOL 1134 Introduction to Biology - Exam II
Please fill in the scantron as directed by your instructor. Please keep your test form
closed until instructed to begin.
When you finish your exam, TURN IN THE SCANTRON FORM AND THE ENTIRE
BIOL 1134 INTRODUCTION TO BIOLOGY - EXAM I
Please keep your test form closed until instructed to begin. Once instructed to
begin, mark the KEY ID for your exam in the upper left corner.
Use the BLU
32) Which of the following is a muscle that moves the mandible?
a) orbicularis oculi
c) orbicularis oris
33) All of the following are muscles that move the eyeball EXCEPT
a) superior rectus. X
b) lateral rectus. X
d) lateral border of distal end of humerus
44) What is the origin of the rectus abdominis muscle?
a) iliac crest and linea alba
b) xiphoid process
c) ribs 5-12
d) central tendon
e) pubic bone
45) What is the action of the biceps brachii muscle?
42) Which of the following is a muscle whose insertion is found on the clavicle and
process of the scapula within the pectoral girdle?
b) pectoralis major
c) latissimus dorsi
43) What is the insertion of the
40) A muscle that decreases the size of an opening is a
41) Which of the following is a muscle that moves the mandible?
a) orbicularis oculi
c) orbicularis oris (kisses)
38) The muscle that serves as the prime mover during a movement is called the
39) If one is stabbed on the lateral side of the abdomen, what abdominal muscles, in
order from superior to deep, will th
35) Which of the following muscles is used to flex and abduct the hand at the wrist
a) flexor digitorum profundus X
b) flexor digitorum superficialis X
c) flexor carpi radialis X
d) flexor carpi ulnaris
e) palmaris longus X
36) The attachment of a
30) Protrusion of an organ through a structure that normally contains it is referred to
31) A muscle that decreases the size of an opening is a
27) The muscle that serves as the prime mover during a movement is called the
28) This type of muscle works by stabilizing the origin of the agonist so that it can act
20) Which of the following types of muscle tissue contract when excited by their own
autorhythmic muscle fibers?
a) cardiac muscle
b) slow twitch oxidative skeletal muscle
c) fast twitch glycolytic skeletal muscle
d) All of these choices are correct.
22) Which term or condition in characterized by a loss of muscle tone?
b) flaccid paralysis
c) spastic paralysis
23) Which is a NOT a side-effect of anabolic steroid use by female athletes?
a) sterility X
25) The attachment of a muscles tendon to the stationary bone is called the _;
attachment of the muscles other tendon to the movable bone is called the _.
a) origin, action
b) insertion, action
c) origin, insertion
d) insertion, origin
e) insertion, a
29) If one is stabbed on the lateral side of the abdomen, what abdominal muscles, in
superior to deep, will the knife go through?
a) rectus abdominis, external oblique, internal oblique
b) external oblique, internal oblique, transversus abdomin
Chapters 10, 11 Practice Exam
1) The different types of muscle tissue differ from each other by
a) microscopic anatomy.
c) type of Control.
d) both microscopic anatomy and location.
e) All of these choices are correct.
2) Which of the followi
18) This is also referred to as the period of lost excitability in skeletal muscle fibers.
a) refractory period
b) contraction period
c) latent period
d) relaxation period
e) wave summation
19) A period of sustained skeletal muscle contraction in which in
16) This consists of a somatic motor neuron and all the skeletal muscle fibers it
b) motor unit
c) neuromuscular junction
d) muscle unit
e) multi-unit smooth muscle
17) Which of the following are commonly used to produce ATP durin
12) What regulatory proteins can be found in the thin filaments of skeletal muscle
a) troponin and titin
b) tropomyosin and troponin
c) myosin and titin
d) titin and tropomyosin
e) tropomyosin and myosin
13) Which of the following proteins is used