Briefly discuss the relationship between Investment and Personal Financial Planning?
Personal Financial Planning: is doing exactly this, planning and investigating what is out there and
looking ahead for the future and for your
1. Write a paragraph discussing your findings and what they mean.
The Investment Tolerance Quiz that I took scored me at 24. It said I have an Average/Moderate Risk
Tolerance. I am not a gambler when it comes to my finances, I
1. Debbie Snyder has just graduated from college and needs to buy a car to commute to work. She
estimates that she can afford to pay about $450 per month for a loan or lease and has about $2,000 in
savings to use for a down pay
1. Describe to Tom the goals and rewards of the Personal Finance Planning Process?
Personal Financial Planning increases wealth, wise spending habits and greater flexibility. Financial
Planning is to make sure your values line
2. Suppose that someone stole your ATM card and withdrew $950.00 from your checking account.
How much money could you lose (according to federal legislation) if you reported the stolen card to
the bank: (a) the day the card was
1. Describe the balance sheet, its components, and how you would use it in Personal Financial
Planning. Differentiate between investments and real and personal property.
1# Assets (shows what you own). Liquid Assets, Investment
1. What is Group Health Insurance? How does it differ from Individual Health Insurance?
Group Health Insurance is generally a contract you get from your employer or a Credit Union, a Private
Insurance Company or Blue Cross/Blue
1. What role does Insurance play in the Financial Planning Process?
The insurance you have is to protect you and your family from the financial consequences of losing your
assets or your income when an accident, or illness or de
1. Use Worksheet 6.1 Rebecca Collins is evaluating her debt safety ratio. Her monthly take home pay is
$3,320. Each month, she pays $380 for an auto loan, $120 on a personal line of credit, $60 on a
department store charge card,
1. Kate Wittman is considering whether she should invest some extra money in a money Mutual Fund
or ETF. Explain the key factors that should in influence her decision.
Why is Kate wanting to invest in a mutual fund or WTF? What
2. Assume that youve been shopping for a new car and intend to finance part of it through an
installment loan. The car youre looking for has a sticker price of $18,000. Auto Boss has offered to sell
it to you for $3,000 down and
1. What forms of Homeowners are available? What forms should the Salazars consider?
Basic Form (HO-1) A-$15,000 minimum
Broad Form (HO-2)
B-10% of A;C-50% of A
Minimum varies; other coverages
D-10% of A;E-$100,00
Project: Mutual Fund Comparison
1. I would go with T. Rowe Price California Tax-Free Money Fund. The fund seeks to provide preservation
of capital, liquidity and, consistent with these objectives, the highest level of income ex