ECE 353 HOMEWORK IV
1. The expected value of a batch of resistors is mR Ecfw_R) 2000 and its standard deviation is
R 100 . Using Chebyshevs inequality bound
2. The random variables X and Y a re uniformly distributed in right half circle of radius 2, th
ECE 353 HOMEWORK III
1. The lifetime in hours of a light bulb manufactured by a certain company is a random variable
with probability density function
0, if x 0
f X ( x) 3.2 105
, if x 400
Suppose that the event that any light bulb lasts at least a ho
ECE 353 HOMEWORK I
1. A number is selected at random uniformly from the set of natural numbers cfw_1, 2, 3, 896.
What is the probability that it is divisible by 4, but neither by 7 nor by 8?
2. Let P be a probability defined on a sample space S. For any e
1. A probability density function (pdf) of a random variable X is given by:
c( x + 3), x (2,2)
Calculate the cumulative distribution function(CDF) of X.
2. A random variable X is called symmetric about 0 if x R , P(