1. Describe one specific item at each site you think will be of value to you.
a. www.bizcenter.org The What We Offer tab, specifically the Technology Impact
Program. Gives access to watch videos to help get a business off the ground.
b. www.sba.gov The Le
Week 4: Case Study
In what areas of the market did McCormick do research before starting his business?
He did research on specific geographic areas, started out by finding suppliers (in Germany),
then hired a graphic designer to product two catalogs.
Case Study #2
NCAA Ethics and Compliance Program
1. How does the NCAA encourage collegiate football programs to
develop a culture of ethics and compliance?
NCAA using sanctions and fines to try to keep everyone in line. The more
severe the violation the w
For the Code of Ethics assignment the company I chose was Nike.
Did the company appear to "walk the talk?" If so, how?
Yes, I do believe Nike did "walk the talk", even though it took them eight
years to correct their code of ethics dilemma. Creating the F
The values which appear important to the organization.
Nikes mission statement is: to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete*
in the world. *If you have a body, you are an athlete.
In addition to the mission statement, Nike has guiding
1. What type of financing will you seek for your start-up capital needs?
b. Vendor/PO financing
2. Why did you choose this option (or combination of options)?
The reason I chose the options I did is because:
Week 9 Case Study
1. How has Warren Brown been able to finance the growth of his company?
He was able to secure commercial loans from a community bank, CityFirst Bank of DC.
2. What methods has CakeLove used to manage cash flow? What others migh