KIN 101 Midterm Study Guide
Eitzen And Sage chapters and lecture notes to study:
Text: Chapter 1 The sociological analysis of sport
Text: Chapter 3 Sport and societal values
Text: Chapter 4 & 5 Children and sport & Interscholastic sport
Text: Chapter 6 In
Female Athletes Portrayed in Media
The media focuses on a female athletes beauty and sexuality (Jones, 2011).
Female athletes are portrayed less on their athleticism and more on their sexuality in the media.
Social roles are enforced with ge
a. (Recurrent concussion and risk of depression in retired professional football players.)
The main argument of this source is that the risk of reoccurring concussion and brain
injury may result in depression among ret
1. What motivates me to learn about this emphasis?
- To help the poor and the needy.
2. What do I expect to be the outcome of my emphasis as a career?
- I expect to graduate with a degree in Health Science and a minor in Kinesi
Final Study Guide Motor Development - KIN 165 Summer 2012
1. Chapter 10 -Infant Reflexes a. Know the difference between a primitive and a postural reflex and the characteristics of each. Primitive- infant reflexes, symmetric tonic neck reflex, also repres
Final Exam Questions
8. How do philosophers investigate research questions differently from the way other
academic disciplines explore these questions? Give an example of a sport related research
question and trace how one would
Chapter 3 Review
1. Why do people join groups?
Inter personal needs, individual goals, group and term goals, interpersonal
attractions and group attractions
2. Label and explain the components of Maslow's Hierarchy. How does this apply to
small, group fo
HS 161 MIDTERM STUDY GUIDE
Chap 1 and Assignments
questions from the John Snow HW
question from the demography HW
question from William Farrs analysis of cholera and elevation
questions from the following:
How does epidemiology differ from medicine? How
1. world diversity and Migration: Languages and rank(not percentages)
- 1st-mandarin chinese, 2nd-spanish, 3rd-english, 4th-hindi, 5th-portugese, 6thbengali, 7th-russian, 8th-japanese, 9th-german, 10th-wu chinese
2. U.S. population and census
1) Master complex skills / are granted a monopoly by the community to supply certain
services / are guided by ethical codes / meet expectations and standards prescribed by
their professional subcultures
2) So that they can collaborate with coll