This torrent is not my creation. I simply converted the Japan/Chineese/Korean to English for those that could not install it previously due to the foreign language.
THANKS xsaimex VIP. Not trying to steal your thunder, just a lover of noobies, as I been t
1. Compare two of the clerical figures in Chaucers General Prologue.
Analyzing the Amida Buddha
Sculpture, Amida Buddha by Jocho, Heian Period, 1057 CE, wood/gold leaf. (367)
The reason I chose this piece of work is because of the grandness and uniqueness of the
sculpture. First of all, the grand design behind
1. Pliny uses several words to describe Trajan, but uses the words chaste, pious, godlike to sum up
the virtues that Trajan has. He says that many rulers are not balanced, and that tends to lead to
quarrel between the citizens, but everyone likes Trajan.
(1) Give the gist of what Pope Gregory IX says about faculty issues. (Make a generalization
and then give a couple of examples.) From what he says what can you infer about the
problems surrounding university teaching in the Middle Ages?
Pope Gregory says
(1) What struck Marco Polos attention the most (what kind of thing) in his travels, in
your opinion? Why do you think it would have attracted his particular interest?
In the first part of the Popul Vuh, the gods are reveal
1. One of the first commandments in The Feast says You are forbidden to eat carrion; blood; pigs
meat; any animal over which any name other than Gods has been invoked (74). The Quran forbids
such meats because the meats are not invoked in Gods name and th
(1) Explain what Martin Luther says about reading Scripture in his Address to the Nobility of
the German Nation. Document by page number in the Norton.
In the letter, Luther rebukes the power of the pope and essentially says that the pope should not
Answer both questions. Include ample short quotations to nail down your points. For Christine de Pizan
document by page number in the Norton Anthology. For Laura Cereta name the recipient of the letter
and give the paragraph number.
1) What does Laura Cer
(1) Discuss the theme of curiosity in the frame story and one other story in our
The theme of curiosity is seen throu
In the second article of question 94, Aquina
Answer the questions in paragraphs and document by page number in the Norton Anthology. (Do not
document by canto and line numbers.
Describe the character of Dante (the character in the epic) based on what he does and says in the
opening cantos (before he