Engr 230 Sample Test 1 - Solution
2. The 10-kg sphere A rests on a smooth
inclined plane and is supported by cable B.
Find the tension in the cable and the normal
force on the inclined plane when a horizontal
force F=2 N is applied as shown.
Engr 230 Sample Test 2
Instructions: Solve the following problems completely.
1. The resultant of the force system
shown is a vertical force R that
passes through point A. Determine
the magnitude and direction of the
forces P, Q and R.
Answer: P = 523.4 l
Statics Sample Test 3
1. For the given area bounded by the graphs of y x1 / 2 and y x 2 , find the x- and y-coordinate of
the centroid of the area bounded by the graphs of y x1 / 2 and y x 2 . (Answer: x 0.45, y 0.45 .)
Figure for Problem 1
Figure for #2
Statics Sample Test 4
2. Determine the minimum horizontal force F required to raise the 400-lb block. The coefficient of
static friction for all surfaces in contact is 0.30. Neglect the weight of wedge B. Ans: F = 405.6
3. The 4-kg block A is support