HRM 6623 Training and Development of Human Resources
Requirements: Analytical Project/Research Paper (APRP)
A. P. Moller Maersk Group: Evaluating Strategic Talent Management Initiatives
An analytical project/research paper (APRP) focus
This rubric explains the criteria by which student work will be graded.
Overriding criterion: Originality and authenticity. If the essay is identified as not being original,
and/or not done by the student, the instructor has the right to grade the
Week 7 Review Questions
1. Why is Questionnaire Design important for entrepreneurs?
Entrepreneurs needs to collect data to
o ID customer needs
o Verify new venture ideas
o Conduct targeted and integrated experiments
To minimize risk o
Week 3 Review Questions
Explain the differences among creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
1. Creativity ability to develop new ideas and to discover new ways of
looking at problems and opportunities- THINKING new things
Idea Generation & Opportunity Recognition
Week 4 Review Questions
1. What is an opportunity? What are the qualities of an opportunity, and why is each
quality important? What is an idea? How is an opportunity different from an idea?
a. Opportunity favorab
Segmenting, Targeting, Positioning, and Branding
Week 8 Review Questions
1. What is market segmentation? Why is it important? What is a market segment?
Process of dividing potential market into distinct subsets of consumers w
Intro to New ventures and Experiential Marketing
Week 2 Review Questions
Introduction to Marketing in New Ventures
1. What are the challenges of the entrepreneurial environment?
Liability of newness
Low financial resources
Demand for creativity/novelty
Entrepreneurial Market Research
Week 6 Review Questions
1. Why is market research important for new ventures?
Minimize risk (remove risk, increase value)
o 1. Development of a website
o 2. Creation of Warehousing Capabilities
o 3. Inventory and consignme
Week 10 Review Questions
1. What is a price?
a) Narrow = amount of money charged for product/service
b) Broad = sum of all values that consumers give up in order to gain benefits of
2. Why is pricing important for new ventures
New Product Development & New Product Adoption
Week 9 Review Questions
1) What is value innovation? Why is value innovation important?
i) Markets are overcrowded/demand starved
ii) Profitable growth only sustainable with (re)creating markets
Week 15 Review Questions
1. How can entrepreneurs become a Mensch?
o Mensch = someone to admire, emulate someone of noble
o Key = character, rectitude, dignity, sense of what is right,
Help people who cant he
Week 5 Review Questions
1. What is a feasibility analysis? What is it designed to accomplish?
a. Preliminary evaluation of a business idea
b. Process of determining whether a business idea is viable/worth pursuing
c. Completed to scre
Role of People, Networking, Growth, Sales, and Strategy
Week 14 Review Questions
1. What is the Employee-Customer-Profit Model?
o Employee satisfaction Customer satisfaction Profit
o Employees (or internal customers) affect customer
satisfaction ad theref
Week 11 Review Questions
1. What is a distribution channel? What is a value-delivery network?
What are intermediaries? Why might they be important?
o Using intermediaries to bring their products to market
forming a channel of
Entrepreneurial Means of Promoting New Ventures
Week 12 Review Questions
1. What are alternative marketing programs (AMP)? What AMPs are
relevant for new ventures?
Low cost (perf for new ventures)
Require creativity & imagination
ID intersect pa
Promotion : Social Media Marketing
Week 13 Review Questions
1. What are Social Media? What is Social Media Marketing (SMM)?
o Online tech and practices that ppl use to share content,
opinions, insights, experiences, perspectives, and media
1. Provide a clear and precise definition of
Marketing is an organizational function and process of creating,
communicating, and delivering value of a product or service to
2. Explain needs, wants, and demands. What
is the role of