Chapter 1 Study Guide
1. Which of the following is NOT a segment of the lodging industry?
C. Time shares
2. Which of the following is correct about Full-Service Hotels?
A. A lodging facility managed by persons living on-sit
Chapter 6 Study Guide
1. Which department within the hotel is responsible for guest reservations, registration,
service, and payment?
A. Front office
B. Front desk
D. Guest services
2. The industry term for the computerized program used to
Hotel guests depend upon the hotel to maintain an environment in which they will be as
safe as possible. Guests, however, are not the only people concerned about safety. Employees
count on the hotel to provide working conditions that allow them to
Chapter 8, 9, and 12 Study Guide
1. Which of the following is a result of a housekeeping department that is not effective?
A. Guest complaints soar
B. Profits suffer
C. Guest satisfaction is high
D. A and B
2. Which of the following is a result
Chapter 13 Learning Objectives
1. To stress the importance of keeping hotel guests and employees
a. Legal liability for guest and employee safety
b. Hotel responsibility for guest safety
ii. Staff training
iii. Policies and procedure