Sociology Exam 2 Study Guide (book notes):
1. Ferrell Children: Genie, Anna, Isabell. Why do we study
them and why is Anna special?
a. Anna: Kept in an attic-like room in her grandfathers
house. Annas mother gave her just enough care to
keep Anna alive. A
Child Labor: work that deprives a child of their
childhood, potential, and dignity and that is also
harmful to mental and physical development
o Mostly in agriculture work
o Increasingly seen in service and manufacturing work
EX) about 215 mi
C. Wright Mills
- one of the first to write about sociological perspective
-task of sociology was to understand relationship between individuals and
the society in which they live
- defined sociological imagination (troubles vs. issues)
Sociology Final Review
Prejudice vs. Discrimination:
Prejudice: a negative attitude based on faulty generalizations
about the members of selected racial and ethnic groups.
Rooted in ethnocentrism & stereotypes.
o Symbolic interactionists believe prejudic
The Internet IS Flat
I have experienced what Alexis is talking about many times. I myself frequent Reddit
quite often, and the way he describes it, is exactly how it is. When going on Reddit, you have the
Criminal Justice Study Guide
1. The criminal justice system is societys instrument of social control.
a. 3 goals: to control crime, to prevent crime, to provide and maintain justice
2. Guns and violent crime rate
3. Cost of the criminal justice system is