1. The fixed asset manager provides tight integration with QuickBooks accountant data, a
detailed, customizable asset entry screen, six deprecation bases, projected depreciation
calculations, and disposition tracking.
2. To create a new client f
Running head: BUSINESS PLAN: PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE
Business Plan: Prestige Worldwide
Welcome to Prestige Worldwide located in Eugene, Oregon. We provide top quality
customizable services of all types to an ever-changing world. We are able to achieve this b
Governmental Accounting assignment
After deciding on the governmental entity of your choice, use the CAFR
information to create a report that includes the following (A typed report, bound or
stapled is appropriate):
1. List the name of your organization a
Exchange Transactions: the government gives and receives approximately equal values in the
exchange (electricity bill)
Exchange-Like Transactions: the government gives and receives similar but not equal values in the
exchange (building permits)
Running head: ETHICS: THE CASE OF ORPHAN DRUGS
Ethics: The Case of Orphan Drugs
Orphan drugs are defined as having been developed specifically to treat a rare medical
condition, also known as an orphan disease. As with most things, there are many pros a
1. The unique characteristics of not-for-profit are no direct relationship between resources provided
and goods or services received from the organization, operating goals and purposes that are not
profit-based, and absence of defined ownership interests.
They will be subject to an unrelated business income tax (UBIT), like other not-for-profit
organizations, if they regularly engage in a trade or business that is not substantially related to
their primary purpose. These activities are recorded in the Gen
1. You can modify any report by clicking customize report at the top left corner of the open
2. The optional columns available in the modify report window of a balance sheet are
Display, Filters, Header/Footer, and Fonts & Numbers.
2. The term GAAP means generally accepted accounting principles. Governmental GAAP sets minimum
requirements for fair presentation of financial data in external financial reports to help assure
comparability among different governments. GAAFR was once a s
A special-purpose gov qualifies as a primary gov only if the following conditions are met: it has a separately
elected gov body, it is legally separate, and it is fiscally independent of other gov (all of the following without
approval: establish a budge
Cash consists of coins, currency, and bank deposits, checks, money orders
Cash equivalents are short-term, highly liquidated investments with original maturities of three
months or less; treasury bills, commercial paper etc
Under the gross method, a comp
1. Current assets are available to pay for expenditures or liabilities of the current fiscal period. Current
liabilities are classified as current if they are expected to be paid or liquidated with current assets
within 12 months. Noncurrent is another wa
1. Collection of the tax would be a nonexchange transaction because the business tax does not give
resources back to the businesses.
2. The collection of the admission fee is an exchange transaction because the exchange has approximate
equal value in the
1. Health care organizations are considered proprietary governmental activities and should apply
2. Capitation is a maximum rate that is set for health care services; the fee is capped per covered
life or capitated.
3. The balanced budget
Prof. I. Preistman
Business Term Paper
I took this class with the expectation to learn a little bit more about business than I
already knew and I was not disappointed. The text from this class was the first textbook I ever
Units Sold: Q1
Units Sold: Q2
BA 224 Chapter 7
7-4: For many, the primary goal of an appraisal system is to improve individual and
organizational performance. This includes feedback to individuals. Companies can also use
performance appraisals to evaluate employees on how they fared a
1. The reports menu in Quickbooks Accountant provides you with access to supporting reports.
2. The Accounts receivable Aging report provides lists of unpaid customer invoices and unused
credit memos by date ranges.
3. In a Quickzoom r
1. Of the information contained in a loan amortization schedule, the payment amount to a
bank account, the interest portion to interest expense and the Principal portion to the loan
account are recorded in QuickBooks.
2. The transfer o
Human Resource Management- The utilization of individuals to achieve organizational objectives.
Job Analysis -the systematic process of determining the skills, duties, and knowledge required for performing jobs.
Staffing- process through which a
Performance Management (PM)- Goal-oriented process ensuring processes are in place to maximize productivity at
employee-, team- and organization levels
Performance Appraisal- Formal system of review and evaluation of individual or team task p
3 major components of total compensation: a. direct financial: wages or salary, commissions, bonuses b.
indirect financial: legally-required benefits, discretionary benefits c. non-financial: psychological, flexibility
Base Pay - Recurring pay for perfo
Remember the long-term trend: union membership has been falling for a long time, currently about 11%
- 35% in public sector, 7% in private sector
Union Growth Strategies - Public awareness campaigns Building organizing funds Partnering with
Mission Determination- The mission is a units continuing purpose or reason for being
Environmental analysis- entails an assessment of strengths and weaknesses in the internal environment and the threats
and opportunities from the external env
BA 224 Chapter 4
4-6: Forecasting HR requirements is determining the number, skill and location of employees
the organization will need at future dates to meet its goals. Availability forecasting, however, is
the determination of whether the firm will be