CH 335 1. Which of the following is true about enols? A) B) C) D) E)
March 13, 2008
An enol and its keto tautomer are rapidly interconverting resonance structures An enol is more nucleophilic than an alkyl substituted alkene The enol tautom
February 28, 2008
2. What is the name of the A) 2-methyl-2-phenylacetaldehyde compound shown below? B) 2-phenyl-2-methylacetaldehyde C) 2-methyl-2-phenylethanal H D) 2-phenyl-2-methylethanal E) 2-phenylpropanal O F) ethylbenzenecarba
February 21, 2008
2. What is the name of the A) 3-chloro-N-methylbenzamide compound shown below? B) 3-N-methylamide-1-chlorobenzene O C) N-methyl-3-chlorobenzenecarboxamide Cl D) 3-chlorophenylcarbonyl-N-methylamine NHCH3 E) 3-chloro
February 7, 2008
2. What is the name of the A) 3-chloro-4-bromotoluene compound shown below? B) 4-bromo-3-chlorotoluene C) meta-chloro-para-bromotoluene H3CO Cl D) 3-chloro-4-bromoanisole E) 4-bromo-3-chloroanisole Br F) meta-chloro-
January 17, 2008
2. Which is the strongest acid?
OH N H 3
3. Which is the strongest base?
F G (structures for #2 and #3)
4. Which will react the fastest with HBr?
OH OH CH3 OH OH
none of these