28 September 2015
Estimating Annual Individual Doses for Evacuees Returning Home to Areas Affected by the Fukushima
As a result of continued efforts to restore the livelihoods of those evacuated fr
NE 481 HW 2
15 Oct 2015
6.1 A 50-C/kg (~200 mR) pocket dosimeter with air-equivalent walls has a sensitive volume with the
dimensions 0.5 in. (diameter) and 2.5 in. (length); the volume is filled with air at atmospheric pressure.
NE 481 HW 5
2 Nov 2015
Regulatory Guide 8.29 provides a question and answer analysis of the concerning risks resulting from
occupational radiation exposure. It begins by declaring that all individuals likely to receive more tha
Midterm Exam Retake
Name: Shalyndria Stewart
8. Beta particles can penetrate to the basal cell layer of the skin at a lower energy than alpha
particles because they have a: (4 pts)
a. larger mass.
b. larger c
22 Oct 2015
1) What is the reference man and what is his role in internal dosimetry?
A Reference Man is the physiological model used to represent workers and members of the public while
calculating dosimetry for inhalation of par
18 Nov 2015
1. Without the help of a computer (do it by hand), calculate the flux
(particles cm-2 s-1) of photons from 137Cs (assume a photon yield of 0.85) at 1
m from: (15 pts)
a) a 0.05 Ci point source
Assuming the Point S
1) Write a single-page summary of the accident report.
The report begins with a brief overview of the event stating that the event involved the dissolution of 16
kg of enriched Uranium Oxide into a precipi
1) Write a half-page summary of the INPO document, commenting on which of the principles you find most
Principles for a Strong Nuclear Safety Culture begins with a brief reference to past nuclea
RHP 481 HW 6
1) Write a half page summary of each article.
HPS Journal Commentary Summary:
The article begins with a brief statement regarding the arguments for and against use of the Linear NoThreshold Model of risk, which is restated
- 1 Gy = 100 Rad
- 1977: ICRP 26 -> 1979: ICRP 30 -> Both implemented in 1990-91
- Justification (justifiable?)-Optimization (ALARA?)-Limitation (dont exceed the limits)
- Stochastic Effects: effects for which the probability of the effect occurr