Robson Chapter 14 Worksheet
Islam The Pillars and the Umma
1) What is meant by the Arabic word umma?
The whole of Islam, every woman, child, and man who accepts God and Muhammad
is His Prophet altogether, they're called the umma.
2) Summarize Sura 33:35 h
Robson Chapter 6 Worksheet
Buddhism Awakening the World
1) The Three Jewels / Refuges:
I take refuge in the Buddha
I take refuge in the dharma
I take refuge in the sangha
2) Youll need to know what the three Sanskrit words refer to in English. List them
Robson Chapter 9 Worksheet
Judaism A Chosen People Choosing God
1. In religious terms, Judaism defines itself through its relationship to
In religious terms, Judaism defines itself through its relationship to a single creator God
who has a special relatio
Robson Chapter 5 Worksheet
Buddhism Becoming Awake
1) According to Robson, what is the name of the person who found ultimate
knowledge while meditating under a tree more than 2,500 years ago?
2) In Buddhism, the
Robson Chapter 11 Worksheet
Christianity The God-Man Messiah
1. No matter which tradition they follow, Christians are bound by their belief in a
(complete the sentence)
a single creator God, who chose to interact with humanity through Jesus of Nazareth,
Robson Chapter 12 Worksheet
Christianity Communion and Community
1. What are the Christian practices that emerged after 70 CE which are enumerated
Christians moved away from Jewish traditions and focused on prayer, oral teaching,
writing to one
Robson Chapter 10 Worksheet
Judaism Israel in the Diaspora
1. According to Robson, what do Shabbat and Eruv mean and what do they have to
do with each other?
Shabbat is the Hebrew word for the Sabbath, the day of rest.
Eruv is a symbolically contained spa
Robson Chapter 13 Worksheet
Islam Submission and Faith
1) What are the three crucial Islamic teachings suggested by Robson?
1. Realize there is only one God who creates everything.
2. Accept that Muhammed was Gods last and greatest prophet.
3. Live with c
Robson Chapter 7 Worksheet
Daoism The Eternal Dao
1) Summarize the opening three paragraphs of this chapter (concerning the
yin/yang symbol) here and be sure you include the concept that there is a little of
the opposite in everything and everyone.