Chapter 6 Social, Thinking and Intergroup
1. Hysteria always seemed to be a sensible and responsible person until she joined a mysterious cult. Several months
later, all the members of the cult committed suicide to enter a portal to go to a bett
Chapter 8 Review
What roles do familiarity and similarity play in attraction?
o Familiarity is a necessary condition for a close relationship.
o Humans like to associate with people who are similar to themselves,
ex: Birds of a feather flock together.
1. Did you find it easy or difficult to attribute characteristics and behaviors to either
males or females? Why?
I found it easy to list out characteristics and behaviors for males, but for
some reason I had a difficult time listing it out for female. I
1. Situation: Your co-worker has been asking you to change shifts with him/her.
You only have two or three hours notice of the desired shift change.
I Message: When you asked me to change shifts with you two to three
hours prior to the actual shift itsel
1. Consider your schedule, are you putting forth effort time and energy in your top
three values. Is it sufficient to allow you to achieve the level of success you want
in each area? Please provide concrete examples describing what you do to
succeed in th
REVIEW: Chapter 4 Stress
_is the response of individuals to circumstances and events that threaten them and tax
their coping abilities.
2 Women are more likely to follow a _ & _ strategy in their response to stress.
3 _is the individuals' interpretation
Study Guide Ch 1,2,3; Psy 101 Human Relations
Define these terms:
1) Ethnicity vs race
2) Subjective well-being
4) Independent/ Dependent variables
8) Gender vs. sex
9) Personal control
Chapters 4,5,6,7 STUDY
o Acute v. chronic
o Daily hassles v. life events
o Define stages
Cognitive appraisal, describe
o Type A & B
Reducing stress and anger
1. Explain how you did on the items to be implemented for improving active
listening? (Items 1,4,5,6,9,12,13,14,15)
Totaling just these numbers together, Ive scored a 35 with the possibility
of getting 45 overall. If Im reading this correctly, a higher s
1. Review the description of the five personality components and tell me if you
agree or disagree with your scores. Why or why not?
After looking at the description of the five personality components
and correlating my scores with it, I would have to say
Briefly define the
dominant features of
early in life
The way w