The Tuskegee Airmen or "Red Tails" were African American Air Force pilots
who's actions have influenced millions in the fight for equality. Formed from the 99th
Pursuit Squadron, these pilots succeeded in becoming an elite fighting force. Durin
The long journey to becoming a commercial airplane pilot is a campaign that will
require special training. It will likely get more complex at each step of the way and will
require a versatile mind. With enough hard work it could lead to a rewar
1. What characteristics of series and parallel circuits can be used to tell them apart?
In a series circuit current always stays the same in series no matter where you measure
at. Series circuits only have one way (one path) for current
Study Questions and Problems
What are the principal technical differences between pneumatics and hydraulics?
pneumatics use air while hydraulics use liquid. Air is compressible, hydraulic oil isn't.
Will the hydraulic fluid
Chapter XIV Study Questions
Study Questions And Problems
1. Name and describe the function of each of the basic parts of a full pneumatic system.
bleed valve - closed by engine oil pressure and opens to relieve the pump of any load
3. Regarding to question 2, what other conditions apply to a pilot's use of oxygen at this
altitude (12,500' MSL)?
FAR Part 91 Sec. 91.211 - At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,500 feet (MSL) up to and
including 14,000 feet (MS
1. What is the no-load voltage of a carbon-zinc cell? A lead-acid cell? A nickel-cadmium cell?
1.5 volts. 1.75 volts per cell. 1.2 volts.
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of lead-acid and nickel-cadmium batteries, for
Chapter XV Study Questions and Problems
What is the difference between monocoque and semi-monocoque construction?
monocoque: all structural loads are taken by the skin alone (like a soda can)
semi-monocoque: skin carries most of the loa
Oxygen and Pressurization
1. What could cause the following types of hypoxia?
Hypoxic Hypoxia - caused by an insufficient partial pressure of oxygen in the inspired
Hypemic Hypoxia - caused by a reduction in the oxygen carrying cap
Chapter X Study Questions and Problems
1. Why use electricity in a simple airplane?
Electrical power is produced in one location and then used at another location via moving
electrons. It is simple and convenient.
2.What is electricity?
Aerostatics and the Atmosphere
Please submit this online in Blackboard.
What makes a hot air balloon rise?
What makes a helium balloon rise?
Why doesnt a hot air or helium balloon float all the way to the top of