Chapter 7 Review
1. How would you distinguish between the terms forensic science and criminalistics?
Forensic science- It is a part of science that answers legal questions. Also it is the process of
explaining physical evidenc
Ch 6 Review
Chapter 6 Review
1 How would you define community policing, and what are some of the major ways this concept
differs from traditional policing?
Traditional policing was focused around two aspects; first detecting crime and s
1. What are some forms of organized crime besides the Mafia?
Street gangs, prison gangs, Russian mobsters, bikers, Nigerians, Gypsies and Asian gangs.
2. How did the Mafia originate, and what are some of the more successful p
Ch 5 review
1. How is the patrol function affected by the officers shift assignment and the nature of the beat
to which he or she is assigned?
There are usually three shifts day shift, swing shift and graveyard. The duties of
Chapter 8 Review
Chapter 8 Review
1. What is meant by the rule of law?
There are three principles that establish the rule of law. Under the rule of law how the law
operates is more important than the outcome.
2. What protections are aff
Chapter 9 Review
1. What is meant by police ethics, and what are some of the unique ethical problems that
community policing can pose?
Police ethics are when the police hold themselves and the community accountable for their
actions. The police have to be
Chapter 11 Review
1. What are the three types of terrorism?
a. Foreign sponsors of international terrorism- they support formal terrorist groups
b. Formalized terrorist groups- have their own infrastructure
c. Loosely affiliated interna
Chapter 14 Review
1. What are some of the major discoveries in less-lethal weapons for use by the police?
Tear gas CS/chemical mace, CR gas stronger than CS, rubber bullets, Tasers and pepper spray
2. What are four new uses of software
Chapter 15 Review
1. Why is it important for law enforcement administrators to study the future, and which two
prominent groups have recently been formed for this purpose?
Law enforcement needs to be prepared for the future
Chapter 10 Review
1. What are the incidence and benefits of lawsuits against the police?
The threat of lawsuits helps hold the police accountable, encourages better police training, makes
departments address issues when they come up, an