Test 4 Ch 14-20
You may not discuss this test in any way, shape or form before 1500 Tuesday 6 December, 2011.
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) Gross Domestic Product measures t
1. Bias 6 Regression to the Mean accounts for the "sophomore jinx" phenomenon. This
phenomenon is based tendency to be naively developing predictions based on the
assumption of perfect correlation with past data.
2. Bias 12 Hindsight and the Curse of Know
1. Activity Based Cost attempts to better understand the cost of a product by
identifying what activities drive particular costs. Unlike traditional accounting
techniques, activity-based costing attempts to trace an expense category to a
1. Satisfice is to act in such a way as to satisfy the minimum requirement for achieving a
particular result. The combination of satisfy with suffice. Bound rationality framework
they often lack important information that would help define the problem. Ti
1. The reasons for the difference between groups and individuals in the likelihood of
escalating commitment and the degree to which commitment is escalated are that
groups will recognize the irrationality of escalating commitment to previously
1. Annuities are regarded as no-risk saving schemes because they are underused in
comparison to the financial benefits that they create. Annuities are now provided by a
number of charitable organizations, allowing you to obtain guaranteed income and tax
1. One of the first two things that mediators do to increase the chances of agreement is have
awareness because it is an essential step toward avoiding these errors in important
behaviors. The second thing is to learn to identify these errors in your own
M. "J; w -.u. m. mwmn..~
1.1,} John Lucy mach wooden boxes in which to ship
motorcycles. John and his three employees invest a total of 40 hours
per day making the 120 boxes.
21} What is their
No noticeable trends, cycles, or variations in the data.
DEMAND vs. TIME
DEMAND - Weighted Moving Average
3- year Mo
1. The three types of demand forecasting models and their functions is judgmental
forecasting-it is appropriate to use this demand in situations where there are
limited or no historical data, such as with a new product introduction. Time series
CHAPTER 6 SUPPLEMENT HOMEWORK SOLUTIONS
The control limits are tighter, but the confidence level has dropped.
S6.4Target of So
The smallest sample mean is 2.64, the largest 3.39. Both are well within the control limits.
Similarly, the largest
PRFS 4703: Production Planning and Scheduling
Name: Latoshia Anderson
This exam is worth a total of 100 points. You have approximately one week to complete and
return these problems. I must have this returned in some form by 5:00 p.m. C
Break-Down of Similarities and Differences in Deming and Crosby Philosophies
1. Both plans have 14 points.
2. Both stress the importance of management commitment and error-cause removal.
3. Both agree on the Value-based Approach (David G
1. The first of the three basic concepts of experimental design is replication which is
necessary in an experiment in order to provide a measure of experimental error and thus
to increase the precision of the estimate of the effects. The second, randomiza
1. Deming claims that this is unknown and unknowable and Crosby says that this is
measurable. They both agree that some sort of tracking is necessary. Warranty is involved
in both of their theories.
2. Taguchi developed a loss function that shows that the
1. The components of a measurement are the actual value of the dimension being measured
and the errors relating to the ability of the gauging system to measure that dimension.
2. The differences between Variable and Attributes data is that variable can be
1. These are the six situations in which acceptable sampling would be useful. When testing
is destructive, when the cost of 100% inspection is extremely high, when 100%
inspection is not technologically feasible or would require so much calendar time that
1. McGregors Theory X, suggests that workers inherently dislike work and must be
coerced, controlled, and threatened in order to motivate them to work to achieve
organizational objectives. Workers also actively avoid responsibility and that the workers
Question 1 pg. 78
The seven management tools are Affinity Diagram, Tree Diagram, Process Decision Program
Chart, Matrix Diagram, Interrelationship Digraph, Prioritization Matrix, and Activity Network
Diagram. The Affinity Diagram helps in the organization
CHAPTER 5 HOMEWORK SOLUTIONS
5.2For an existing organization, the student should build a house of quality, entering the wants
on the left and entering the hows at the top, similar to those shown in Problem 5.1. An example of
a House of Quality for a lunch