INTRODUCE WALLMART; STATISTICS
2012 Walmart became the most successful retailer in history.
Reason for success and growth: One goallowering prices.
Typically Walmart beats competition by 10% or more.
Alhought it offers very low
Census Bureau and appointment
The size of the house is not mentioned in the constitution bit was fixed
by congress in 1920 at 435.
After each census the population of the united states increases
Texas and Florida gained seats
National Highway Act
- Created interstate highway system
- Fed gov paid for 90% of it
o States paid 10%
- States had to work with local and federal officials
Types of Grants
- Categorical Have to be used for specific purposes and they come in
Econiomic conservative less gov intervention, oppose high taxes.
Economically liberal more gov int,
Social liberal pro- choice
House and senate chose to serve?
Senate state legislature
House the people
Anti fed closer to reps, small
McColough v Maryland
In 1816, Congress chartered The Second Bank of the United States. In 1818, the state of
Maryland passed legislation to impose taxes on the bank. James W. McCulloch, the cashier of
the Baltimore branch of the bank, refused to pay the t
- Lower house popularly elected, upper house chosen by lower house
and state legislatures, a president appointed by congress ad a judiciary
appointed nu congress.
- Large states would have more representation in congress
Spirit of 76
Taxation without representation as an immediate conflict brought about the
Articles of Confederation
-The continental congress adopted the articles of confederation in 1777
-It was ratified by all 13 states by
14 October 2016
Engagement Paper | Activity 5
The absentee ballot in the state of Pennsylvania can be found at
1 October 2015
Discussion Paper #1 | Walmart and & Minimum Wage
Walmart is an American multinational retail corporation that conducts a chain
of discount department stores across American. Many people see
The origin of bills
- Only members of congress can introduce bills
Bill to Law
- The sponsor introduces a bill and puts in in a wooden box in the house
chamber called the bill hopper.
- The house clerk then gives the bill a number
o HR 1