1. Explain the qualities that help people develop intimate relationships.
Developing Intimate Relationships:
1) Self-Concept, Self-Esteem, and SelfAcceptance:
a) By being able to have a selfsoothe, regulate your emotions,
and feel comfortable with your
1. Explain how alcohol is absorbed and metabolized by the body
Alcohol is Absorbed:
Alcohol is Metabolized:
The first 20% of alcohol is absorbed in
the bloodstream. About 75% is
absorbed from the stomach through the
upper part of the small intestine. Whil
1. Describe the dimensions of wellness.
Physical Wellness helps promote
proper care for our bodies. When
1. Explain what stress is and how people react to it -Physically, Emotionally
Definition of Stress:
The general physical and emotional
state that the stressor produces.
People react to physical stre
1. Define and discuss the concepts of addictive behavior, substance abuse, and
Addictive behavior is compulsive
behavior associated with craving and
pursuit of physical or ps
1. Describe what it means to be psychologically healthy.
Psychologically healthy: Mental health, defined negatively as the absence of
illness or positively as the presence of wellness.
2. Explain how to develop and maintain a positive self-concept and hea
1. Physical fitness, and list the health-related components of fitness.
Health-related components of Fitness:
Physical fitness is the bodys ability to
respond or adapt to the demands and
stress of physical effort.
Health- related fitness
1. List the essential nutrients, and describe the functions they perform in the
The main energy source for the brain.
Without carbohydrates, the body could
not function properly.
1. Important parts of
1. List the reasons why people start using tobacco and why they continue using
Why people start using Tobacco
Why they continue to use it
To be like professional athletes
To lose weight or stay thin
Save and Submit
_was credited with being the first physical education teaher in America
d Fredrich Jahn
Friedrich Ludwig Jahn established the turner exercises
Save and Submit
Common themes in civilizations past to present
a need to insure survival
b to compete
c deeply religious and therefore
meaning to life.
d All of these.
A and B only
Roman Science: C
Beecher system was exclusively for women
Which of the following is false?
1 A game represents a more organizes effort that of play
2 Games are playful activities that are void of rules and goals
During 1855 the popularity of baseball begin to overtake cricket?
_ adds the element of competition and always involves a struggle