Biology Review Exam 2
1.Fredick Griffith - Contributed to the 1st step in identifying DNA as the genetic material.
2.Hershey and Chase - Showed that proteins not DNA showed the genetic material.
3.Franklin and Wilkins - Used X-ray diffraction to determine
BIO-LAB FINAL REVIEW
1. What is the overall photosynthesis reaction equation as stated in your lab manual?
6CO + 6H O + chlorophyll-> C H O + 6O
2. What form is the glucose produced by photosynthesis stored in?
3. Compare and contrast
1. How do asexual and sexual reproduction differ?
Asexual reproduction requires only one parent and produces offspring that are identical,
except for mutations. Sexual reproduction requires two parents and produces genetically
1. Explain the roles of mitotic cell division, meiosis, and fertilization in the human life
Mitotic cell division allows for tissue repair/replacement and for an organisms
development from a fertilized egg (zygote) to an adul
Study Guide Quiz 9
1. Who is the father of genetics - Gregor Mendel
2. What are genes? a unit of heredity that is transferred from a parent to offspring and is held to
determine some characteristic of the offspring.
3. How do genes and alleles relate? Mol
What is an enzyme?
What is a substrate?
What is a product?
Describe the lock and key model. ( I accept pictures like the one below)
5. What are the differences between synthetic and degradative reactions?
6. Describe why time, temperature, pH,
Quiz 1 Study Guide
observed cells in cork
discovered the nucleus
determined all plants were made of cells and plants grow through the
production of new cells.
reported that animals were made of cells
proposed the framework of cell
1. Describe the relationships among chromosomes, DNA, genes, and alleles.
Chromosomes consist of DNA and associated proteins. The DNA in a chromosome is
divided into genes, which are sequences of nucleotides that encode proteins. A
CHAPTER 19: RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
Fully explain the process (5 parts of) respiration.
Describe the significance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in human cells.
Explain the structure and function of mucous membranes that line mos
CHAPTER 18: NUTRITION AND METABOLISM
Chapter 16 OBJECTIVES:
Name the organs that compose the lymphatic system and give three general functions
performed by this system.
Trace the flow of lymph from interstitial tissues to the bloodstream.
Chapter One: Science Of Biology
1. Robert Hooke : Who is credited with discovering cells?
2. Alter : In a control experiment, the variable of interest is not _.
3. Observation : Scientists employ _ at the very beginning of the scientific
C3 and C4 plants photosynthesis rate of O2 at medium light conditions
Oxygen GasOxygen Gas
Laboratory 4: Chemical Aspects
October 1, 2016
Materials and Methods
The materials used for the Biuret Test for Proteins include four test tubes, 40 drops
(4mL) of NaOH, 20-24 drops of copper sulfate, and 20 drops (2mL) each of watermelon,
Advanced First Aid
Chapter 1: Introduction to First Aid Care
2) Activate the EMS system
4) The most seriously injured
5) The EMS system
6) Two minutes
7) Legal obligation
8) Same circumstances
Advanced First Aid
Chapter 3: Victim Assessment (Progress Check)
2) Consent for treatment
5) Life-threatening problems
6) Watching for chest movement
8) One minute
9) Major bleeding
For having one of the best camouflage skills in nature, the cuttlefish, specifically the
species called Sepia apama, is a cephalopod that intelligently and patiently catch its prey with
one of the most cunning w
Forensics DNA Study Guide
Temperature Melting (BIG topic)
Important for any technique that relies on complementary base pairing, such as:
Designing PCR primers
Factors that affect Temperature
Advanced First Aid
The five AEDs (Automated External Defibrillator) that were located include three AEDs
on the UALR campus and two on the UAMS campus. The first AED located was in the first
floor of the UAMS Cancer I
Isolation of your favorite genes or DNA sequences
If you have limited info about your interested gene
What is Zoology?
This course will be an evolutionary examination of the diversity in form and function of animal
Zoology.in the beginning
Greek scientists/ Philosophers!
Plato (427-347 BCE)- Theory of forms (eldos = form)
An object's ultimate re
1st major transition
unicellularity to multicellularity
Adv. of Multicellularity
Cellular Specialization- division of labor, can perform necc. functions more efficiently
Allows increase in size
More effective and efficient of environment