Exam Block 3
Sedimentary rocks form by
1. Collection of detritus (particles of sand)
a. Classic rocks
2. Precipitation of material from a flued (not magma)
3. Organic process/collection of organic material
All form through the collection of something
Review Questions for Chapter 6
1. Why is understanding stability important in the study of severe storms?
a) Stability explains what causes tornadoes to form.
b) Stability is always the deciding factor to whether or not clouds form.
c) Stability determine
1. Which of the following best defines temperature?
a) Temperature is a measure of the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere.
b) Temperature is how cold or warm it feels to humans when the wind is
c) Temperature is the quantity of latent heat r
1. Computer forecast models are:
a) Internet web sites that display atmospheric data, such as satellite data.
b) statistical programs that provide educated guesses on future atmospheric
behavior based on past events and their known behavio
Name: _ Class: _Date: _
Exercise 4.2 Accuracy of a Numerical Model Forecast
The top map is a 72 hour forecast of sea level pressure (lines), surface temperature (colors) and
winds from the GFS model valid for 00 UTC 12 Jan 2012. The bottom map is the anal
Name: _ Class: _Date: _
Exercise 2.2 Interpreting a Sounding
Use the data from the sounding to answer the questions. Include units when appropriate.
1. Identify and label the temperature line and dewpoint line on the sounding.
2. What is the 700 mb temper
1. The international standard adopted for measurements is Universal Coordinated Time
(UTC) is also known as _.
a) Zulu Time (Z)
b) Daylight Time (DT)
c) Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
d) Both (a) and (c) are correct
e) (a), (b) and (c) are corr
Take a hike
I am not aware of many hiking places nearby so I decided to go to the
SAI farm and walk the disc golf course because I heard they were
turning it into a hiking trail too. The hike was all uphill and I was
surrounded by trees, bu
My article was about an earthquake that happened in Japan that caused a
The earthquake happened on November 13th at about 6am on the Ryukyu
Islands which are off the south west coast of Japan.
The earthquake had a magnitude of 7.0 but later
Google Earth Exercise
On the East Coast I found:
Sand Dunes near Jockeys Ridge State Park North Carolina
Spit near Middletown New Jersey
Barrier Island near the base of Delaware
Estuary in the Chesapeake Bay
Berm in southern Florida