Assignment # 7
Read the article attached, and then answer the following questions.
What changes in the monetary base have occurred since October 2008?
How does the Fed bring about an increase in the monetary base?
Role of Brand Names
Brand recognition is an important factor for many businesses - both large and small. The term 'brand' refers to
the means by which a business creates an identity for itself and highlights the way in which it differs from
Online Class Assignment #5
GDP Measurement and Unemployment
1. In which of the following cases is a worker counted as unemployed? Explain what happens to
the unemployment rate as a result.
a. Rosa, an older worker who has been laid off and who gave up l
Online class Assignment #7
1. Determine whether each of the following is included in any of the M1 and/or M2 or neither
measures of the money supply. Does this increase/decrease/leave unchanged M1 and M2 as a
result? Explain your answer.
1. What are some of the things you choose to specialize in that others pay for?
I enjoy cooking so I dont eat out as much as some people. Part of my cooking cannon is
pickling so I have pickled vegetables thr
In-class Assignment #3
Production, costs and perfectly competitive markets
1. U.S. Airways experienced huge losses for several years in the 1990s, yet it continued to operate
its fleets. Why didn't U.S. Airways shut down its operations to avoid the losses
Read the attached article and answer the questions that follow:
a. What are the long-term problems to which the news article draws attention?
There is a debt problem in the United States. This is a problem involves the U.S.
Read the attached article and answer the following questions:
1) What type of unemployment might older workers be more prone to experience?
Older workers usually experience structural unemployment.
2) Explain how the unemployment of older wo