AHS 102: Chapter 12
1. Inflammation of the appendix
2. Accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity; a form of edema
3. Biliary colic
3. Acute abdominal pain caused by gallstones in the bile ducts
Chapter 10 worksheet
Define the terms below:
1. A substance that causes an allergic response.
2. A deficiency of hemoglobin.
3. A localized edema with large hives (wheals) similar to urticaria but involving deeper layer
Chapter 9 Circulatory System
Write the word element that corresponds with the definition (The first one is done for you)*
1. Root meaning vein
2. Root meaning heart
3. Root meaning vessel
4. Root meanin
AHS102: Chapter 15
1. Chioasma- Brownish pigmentation that appears on the face during pregnancy; melasma
2. Fontanel- A membrane-covered space between cranial bones in the fetus that later becomes ossified; a soft spot.
3. Rhogam- T
AHS101 Case Study
ENDOCRINOLOGY OFFICE CONSULTATION
History: This is a 59-year-old woman who has been in good health. She had an incident where a thyroid
nodule was discovered after referral to a general surgeon for a breast lump. At that time, thyroid
Osteoarthritis Consultation Note
History of Present Illness: The patient has a history of chronic pain in the lumbosacral spine that has
progressively gotten worse over the past two years. She was scheduled to have an MRI but never
completed it because of
Mitral Valve Replacement
Title of Procedure
Mitral valve replacement.
Repair of left ventricular rupture, secondary to myocardial infarction.
Procedure in Detail: The neck, chest, abdomen, and legs were prepped with Betadine solution.
OPERATION PERFORMED: Urodynamic evaluation.
DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE: The patient was placed in the urodynamic chair in the sitting position and
prepped with Betadine. Surface perianal electrodes, transrectal balloon, and Bard triple-lume
ANESTHESIA: Premedication: Versed 5.5 mg slow IV push.
INSTRUMENT: Pentax EC-3801L with the EPM-3300.
INDICATIONS: The patient is a 65-year-old woman who is currently being evaluated for rectal bleeding.