What are attached at the centromere?
Question 1 options:
A) Sister chromatids
B) Daughter cells
D) Homologous chromosomes
Which process specifically refers to a cell physically dividing into two cells?
Question 2 options:
Cell Biology Lab #4
Sickle Cell Anemia Protein Electrophoresis
1. Sickle-cell anemia is a striking example of the drastic effect that a single amino acid
substitution can have on the structure and function of a protein. Adult hemoglobin
1. What was the pathogen? Why must the laboratory be notified if this organism is in the
patients differential diagnosis?
The pathogen is causing this infection is Corynebacterium diphtheria. Medscape C.diphtheriae
infection is typic
1. Discuss the medical, social, and economic battles involved in eliminating gonnorhea world-wide.
According to the author of Military Medicine, Christopher Duplessis, Recently, ceftriaxoneresistant isolates have been identified in Japan (2009), Fran
1. What is the blood culture isolate?
The blood culture isolate shows that it is Staphylococcus epidermidis. The organism growing is small to
medium sized colonies with a white color and gamma hemolytic presence. While the gram stain
1. What was the Organism infecting this child?
The child is infected with Bordetella pertussis. This is the organism because classical
pertussis is usually a disease of children and the patient is a young five year o
BIOL 224 HUMAN BIOLOGY On-Line
Instructor: Douglas M. Smith, Ph.D.; Office: 219 Pierce Science Center; Office Phone: 814-393-2561 COURSE SUMMARY: The objective of this course is to give you an opportunity to appreciate and apply biology to your own