Case Study: Joseph Nacchio
I chose to do my case study on Joseph Nacchio, former CEO of Qwest Communications
International. He was convicted of 19 counts of insider trading for selling more than $50 million
Page 45 Review Questions
1. Fraud examination is resolving allegations of fraud, whether it be from tips, complaints,
or accounting clues.
2. The fraud theory approach is a series of steps someone assumes to resolve any
Pg. 70-71 Review Questions
1. Skimming is defined as the theft of cash from a victim entity prior to its entry in an
2. The two principal categories of skimming are sales skimming and receivables skimming.
3. In sale
Chapter 5 Review Questions
1. These would both be classified as check tampering. In the first case the check is forged
then cashed which makes it check tampering. In the second case the check is stolen that is
issued to another em
Chapter 6 Review Questions
1. The three main categories of payroll fraud are ghost employee schemes, falsified hours
and salary schemes, and commission schemes.
2. Billing schemes show more median losses because it is based on an