November 16, 2012
Laboratory Review 17
1. Name two differences between the life cycles of seedless vascular plants and seed
Two differences in the life cycles of seedless vascular plants and seed plants are double
October 25, 2012
Laboratory Review 15
1. Both fungi and animals are heterotrophs although they are markedly different in how they
acquire nutrients. Explain.
Fungi send out digestive juices into their environment and absorb the nutrients w
Lab Review 2
1. Make the following conversions:
a. 1 mm = 1000 micrometers = 0.1 cm
b. 15 mm = 150 cm = 1,500,000 micrometers
c. 50 mL = .05 liters
d. 5 g = 5000 mg
2. Explain the designation compound
September 12, 2012
Bio Sci 1
Laboratory Review 5
1. What happens at the active site of an enzyme?
The active site is where the enzyme and the substrate form an enzyme-substrate complex.
2. On the basis of the active site, expla
October 17, 2012
Laboratory Review 14
1. What are two major differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell structures?
Prokaryotes do not have membrane enclosed organelles such as mitochondria and
September 5, 2012
Bio Sci Lab
Laboratory Review 4
1. Contrast the location of DNA in a eukaryotic cell with that of a prokaryotic cell.
In a prokaryotic cell the DNA is organized in an area called the nucleoid but it is not
September 26, 2012
Bio Sci Lab
Laboratory Review 6
1. How are plant pigments involved in photosynthesis?
Plant pigments are what absorbed the visible light from the sun.
2. Why is it beneficial to have several different pl
November 8, 2012
Laboratory Review 16
1. Name and describe the life cycle of plants.
Plants life cycle is called alternation of generations, this means that they switch between
haploid and diploid. The diploid generation i
Bio Sci II
14 April 2013
1. The direct transfer of thermal motion between molecules of objects in direct contact with
each other is called conduction. Heat is always transferred from an object of higher
' :GW "'9?th Avmn m amch same!" law Ma}
- - _ _ ausmmt mm Wm 0f .Wtd/B/tm am W353};
~ -'- 1M5 affwnf'f varmbib'b Adm/W1 WMWa a
W5! 10qu 'm his carpi/f}?th 00/ Fa: pisz 5;
f" 5% QM-3' was admméyxw H6 Myrm JeACM/mk I