Homework Solution Files for the Mid-Term Exam Lectures:
Lecture 1: Globalization*
Lecture 2: International Trade Theory
Lecture 3: The Political Economy of International
Lecture 4: Foreign Direct Investment
Lecture 5: Regional Economic Integration
3. Micro Issues
A. Introduction of the concept: Our concept is to evaluate the potential for State Farm
Insurance expands its life and health insurance business to Saudi Arabia.
B. Reason for entering a foreign market at this time:
International Monetary Fund (IMF)
An international organization established to promote international monetary
cooperation, exchange stability, and orderly exchange arrangements
Foreign exchange rate
Price of one currency in terms of another
Chapter 03 - Differences in Culture
Differences in Culture
True / False Questions
1. In today's world of global communications, rapid transportation, and global markets,
cultural differences have ceased to exist.
2. Culture is static
1Chapter 3Emphasizing Informal Institutions: Cultures, Ethics, and Norms
1. In situations where formal institutions are unclear or fail, informal institutions play a more important
role in reducing uncertainty.
Chapter 7Dealing with Foreign Exchange
Wal-Mart is the second largest company in the world by sales.
REF: p. 234
NAT: AACSB: Tier 1 Communication; Tier 2 Environmental Influence
Research assignment 1
1. Identify the three tariff barriers used to value your product and assess duties due the government.
a. Import Tariff is a tax imposed on a good that is brought in from another country.
INTB 200 Assignment 8
1. European Commission: The European Commission is the EU's executive body. It
represents the interests of the European Union as a whole.
2. The council of Europe:
is a regional intergovernmental organisation whose stated go
Research assignment 7
1. In 1994, the NAFTA come into effect.
2. Member states: Canada, Mexico, and United States
3. Intended purpose: removing barriers to the exchange of goods and services among
the three countries. Grant the signatories Most F
Research assignment 6
1. Regional cooperation groups: According to National League of Cities, regional
cooperation is a business framework. This framework positions local cities,
counties and economic development organizations to come together an
INTB research assignment
1. Our mission is to lead the development of a balanced and effective international
intellectual property (IP) system that enables innovation and creativity for the
benefit of all. Our mandate, governing bodies and proced
Research assignment 2
Main body carry out the work of the united nations:
1. The general assembly: it involves 193 Members of the United Nations, provides a unique forum
for multilateral discussion of the full spectrum of international i
Research assignment 4
How are decisions reached with the organization?
The WTO General Council is the WTOs major department that make decision by meeting regularly to carry
out the functions of the WTO. It has representatives
United Cereal Case Study
In this case study about United Cereal the main issue is for Lora Brill,
European Vice President, to decide whether or not it would be intelligent to
launch Healthy Berry Crunch given Europe
Levendary Cafes first mistake when entering the Chinese market was
deciding to franchise. By franchising they were not able to be very hands on
and that made them lose control over the b
Research Assignment 7
In what year did it come into existence?
1992/effect in 1994
Who are the signatore countries?
United States, Canada, and Mexico
What is its intended purpose?
The purposes were intended to prevent businesses from rel
Research assignment 6
Regional cooperation groups it is a business framework which
positions local cities, countries and economic development
organizations to come together and create a unified strategy. The
strategy affords a cohesive a
Research assignment 5
1. What is WIPOs mission statement?
The mission is to lead the development of a balanced and effective
intentional intellectual property (IP) system that enables
innovation and creativity for the benefit of all
INTB 200 assignment 9
1. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN, was established on 8
August 1967 in Bangkok, Thailand, with the signing of the ASEAN
Declaration (Bangkok Declaration) by the Founding Fathers of ASEAN, namely
INTB 200 Assignment 2
1. The general assembly: the general assembly, comprised of all 193
members of the United Nations, provides a unique forum for
multilateral discussion of the full spectrum of international issues
covered by the charter.
Research assign 4
1. The WTO is run by its member governments. All major decisions are made by the
membership as a whole, either by ministers (who meet at least once every two
years) or by their ambassadors or delegates (who meet regularly in Gen
International business In-class Note
1. Customer orientation solving customers problem
2. Change-how quickly can you adapt how creative?
3. Competition how you competitors have positioned themselves
4. Communications understand customers need
Instructor: Eydis Olsen
March 11, 2012
My Thought about the EU Debt Crisis Lecture
I attended the EU Debt Crisis event hosted by DEC and DIBA on Tuesday,
2/21, at 6pm. Mr. Marco Airaudo dicussed the EU debt crisis from the perspective
This report has been carryed out by the
Indo Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Mumbay (India) on november 2006
within the Project
Friuli Venezia Giulia India: Imprese e Conoscenza
REPORT ON FURNITURE INDUSTRY IN INDIA
Department of Economics and
Bijou Yang Lester, Ph.D.
Office: 3600 Market, 7th Fl
Office Hrs: T/R: 2-3:30pm (email beforehand)
: 215-895-6973; : 215-895-6975
eINTB 200 Midterm study guide and sample questions:
The below is listed by topics. Chapter numbers may vary depending on the version of the textbook:
Please use the slides, book and your notes. Some of the questions will relate to things we talked about i