1. Why are small businesses such an integral part of American business?
2. If given the opportunity, which type of business would you like to own? Why? What is required
to own such a business?
3. Look up a franchise of your choosing and share with the cla
1. In your opinion, which features of the product are important in comparing the cameras? How important
would the brand name be in your product selection?
2. Choose one camera model and compare prices for various vendors. Is there a relationship between
1. What motivates you at work? Is their anything else that management could do to make you a
more motivated employee?
2. What are your thoughts on the Businessweek article? Do you agree with the comments on
how people in their twenties should be managed?
1. What would it take for you to stop the experiment (i.e., what could the victim have said that
would have made you stop)? From an Ethics perspective, where must one draw the line?
Where appropriate, relate your responses to this week's readings.
2. In t
I am really interested in E commerce industry. So if I will own a business, I want to have a online retail
business. Even though I prefer to own a sole proprietorship business, partnership will be better choice
here. For E commerce enterprise, IT and busi
1. Have you ever been exposed (either academically or professionally) to the 3 major financial
statements? If so, please share your experiences. If not, now that you have read about them,
how do you think they will help you in your personal and/or profess
1. Look up and discuss a for-profit organization and a non-profit one. Who are they and what do
they sell. What is the mission of each organization and who are there customers.
2. In Chapter 1, you learned about the major activities of business.
1. With regard to Chapter 3, what do you think the U.S. can do to improve their trade position
with the larger, and more industrialized, countries? In other words, should they relax
quotas/tariffs, or should they become more strict about what gets importe