Chapter 2 Questions
1. What is the first step in beginning the contingency planning process?
a. To begin the process of planning for contingencies, an organization must first establish
an entity that will be responsible for the policy and plans
Chapter 12 Questions
1. What is a business crisis?
a. A business crisis is a significant business disruption with a direct impact on the
lives, health, and welfare of an organization and its employees.
2. What is crisis management?
a. Crisis man
Chapter 11 Questions
1. What is BCP?
a. Business continuity planning (BCP) represents the final response of the
organization when faced with any interruption of its critical operations. In general,
business continuity is the rapid relocation of
Chapter 5 Questions
1. From the perspective of incident response, what is an event?
a. Any observable occurrence in a system or network.
2. What are the three broad categories of incident indicators?
3. What a
Chapter 4 Questions
1. What are the phases of the overall IR development process?
Detection and analysis
Eradication and recovery
2. What are the general stages followed by the IRP team?
Form the IR
Chapter 9 Questions
1. Why do some organizations abdicate all responsibility for DR planning to the IT
a. They are keenly interested in keeping IT systems available during and
immediately following disasters.
2. How can you classify
Chapter 3 Questions
1) What purpose does business resumption planning serve?
a) The purpose of the business resumption plan is to help resume normal
operations quickly or expedite continuity plans to quickly initiate
operations at an alternate s
Chapter 10 Questions
1. What are the ongoing challenges associated with local emergency services, service
providers, and community-related issues that organizations face when confronted
with a disaster?
a. Emergency services, such as fire and am
Chapter 6 Questions
1. What is the formal definition of a CSIRT?
a. The formal definition of a CSIRT is the set of people, policies, procedures,
technologies, and information necessary to detect, react, and recover from an
incident that could po
Chapter 7 Questions
1. What is an IR reaction strategy?
a. Procedures for regaining control of systems and restoring
operations to normalcy which are the heart of the IR plan and the
2. If an organization chooses the protect a
Answer the following Questions 20 points total
1. What is information security?
a. Protection of information and its critical elements, this includes the systems and
hardware that use, store, and transmit that information.
2. How is th
Chapter 8 Questions
1. What is an incident damage assessment?
a. The initial determination of the scope of the breach of confidentiality, integrity,
and availability of information and information assets.
2. What are some of the reasons a safegu