1. Positioning requires developing a sales and marketing strategy aimed at influencing how a
particular market segment _.
a. perceives a product in comparison to the competition
2. The positioning process must be continually configured and custom fitted b
1. The definition of value-added selling is _.
a. a series of creative improvements in the sales process that enhance the customer
2. Partnering in a sales setting emphasizes _.
a. building strong and lasting customer relationships du
1. In the field of personal selling, _ is a predictor of success.
a. emotional intelligence
2. Developing a relationship strategy is important and involves three major challenges, which
a. building new relationships, elevating relationships to a bu
Chapter 2 quiz
1. The evolution of personal selling is through several stages. These stages include _.
a. Persuader then problem solver
2. The marketing concept is a principle that holds that achieving organizational goals depends
a. knowing the wan
1. _ is a well-conceived plan that emphasizes a product expert, selling specific benefits,
and configuring value-added solutions.
a. Product strategy
2. According to purchasing decision makers, _ is the second "most destructive" habit that
1. Psychic income, which comes from two major psychological factors, helps satisfy our need
for _ to help achieve higher levels of performance.
a. Recognition and security
2. Careers in sales include both inside and outside sales personnel. Inside salespe
Impressions others form about us are based on what they observe us saying and
doing. The patterns of behavior that others observe can be called communication
Adaptive selling frequently requires complex behavioral adjustments to fit
1. The greatest challenge to salespeople in the Age of Information is _.
a. understanding realized and unrealized customer needs and improving responsiveness to
2. A carefully conceived plan that results in understanding the customer's perceptio