Understanding Computers Chapter 2
1. What exactly is a computer, and what are its four main functions?
A computer is a data processing device that performs the functions of input, process, output,
and storage. An input gathers data and allows users to ent
Check Understanding 6
1. What kind of computer is best for me?
When considering a computer, look at the weight, dimensions, size of screen, and the
power of the processor. Compare your current computer with new ones to find what
updates best suite your ne
Chapter 4 Understanding Questions
1. Whats the difference between application software and system software?
Application software is what is commonly used to do tasks at home, school, and work that
involve different applications such as processing and pres
Chapter 5 Check Understanding
1. What software is included in system software?
The operating system and utility programs are included in a system software. They
control how the computer system functions and performs general tasks on a computer
like file c
1. How can becoming proficient with technology help you understand and participate in important
issues in the world at large?
Becoming proficient with technology helps you understand and participate in important issues the world
is facing. Tools that can
Chapter 8 Check Understanding
1. How is the trend of digital convergence seen in the market?
Digital convergence has brought into the market single devices with the capabilities of
having multiple separate tools.
2. What hardware and soft