1. In Linux, you must use only one type of filesystem on a system.
2. Is ext3 the traditional filesystem used on Linux?
3. To create partitions after installation, you can use the _ command.
4. If a device is mounted to a directory that
Linux Review Questions Ch 5
C. Use the /dev/MAKEDEV command to re-create the file
C. cat /etc/mtab
C. Use the fdisk command to create one or more partitions on each of the hard disk drives
E. mount any partitions created on the two hard
Linux Ch 1 Review
B. multiuser, multitasking
A. when you need to have support in Linux for new hardware
c. when you need to increase the stability of linux
5. A. 2.3.4
6. D. a minor number is even
7. A. open source so
1. A Linux command used to search for and display text characters in a binary file.
2. A Linux command used to display the current directory in the directory tree.
3. A metacharacter used to represent a user's home directory.
Linux Chapter 3 Review Questions
D. pwd (86)
D. /home/resume (88)
B. represent hardware devices such as hard disk drives and ports (92)
D. cd /etc (89)
D. It is a hidden file (92)