Biology 212, Cell Biology
Due: Monday, October 24
35 points total.
For full credit, be sure to show all work (this will also allow me to give you partial credit if you get the
answer wrong but some of your work is correct).
HS 120 Public Health
Pharmaceuticals and Public Health
Case Study: Vioxx
October 27, 2016
Answer the following questions. You may use bullet points / short answers. Please print your answers and bring them
to class to discuss on Thursday.
1. What was Viox
Enzyme inhibition: the effect of end product,
phosphate, on the enzyme phosphatase
Preparing for the activity
Read through the Student Activity Guide and consider the following questions.
Analysis of activity
1. What is the aim of the activi
LAB 10: OPTICAL RESOLUTION
1. Read chapter 5.8 in Solomons and Fryhle.
2. Fill in the blanks in the experimental procedure section for Lab 10.
3. What is the difference between % yield and % recovery?
4. Can diastereomers be separated? Can enanti