Week 4 homework
Exercises Pg 182
3. Hat happens when you give the following commands if the file named
done already exists?
$ cp to_do done
$mv to_do done
Cp copies one or more files. Mv renames a file or movies files to another
Scenario 3-1: Adding a New Site to a Network
Your company is located in the United States, and it has just added a location in Canada that will need to
become part of your Active Directory network. Your network designer has prov
Week 8 homework
Exercises pg 582
1. Which commands can you use from the command line to send a file to the
Ip and Ipr
3. Which commands list your outstanding print jobs?
Lpq or lpstat
5. Name three printing protocols th
Week 9 homework
Exercises pg 403
1. Describe the similarities and differences between these utilities:
a. scp and ftp
Scp is the "Secure Copy" program and it works just like the "cp", or "Copy"
program, only it works through via the Sec
Week 6 homework
Exercises Pg 1052 - 1053
2. The special parameter "$@" is referenced twice in the out script (page 976).
Explain what would be different if the parameter "$*" were used in its place.
If you replace "$@" with "$*" in the
Week 5 homework
Exercises Pg 251 252
1. What does the shell ordinarily do while a command is executing? What should
you do if you do not want to wait for a command to finish before running another
The shell waits for the comman
2. Applications, Places. Home folder, desktop, documents, music, pictures, videos,
1. Dictionary, check word definitions and spelling
2. Files, Access and organize files.
3. Gedit text editor, edit tex
Week 2 homework
1. Gnome, KDE.
Panel These are the bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
They hold objects or icons which are shortcuts or applets
Menu Bar The Menu bar appears at the top of the File Browser
window and displays
Week 1 homework
1. No one would have to pay for permission to use the GNU system.
2. The relationship between Linux and GNU is that both are free operating systems.
3. Linux advantages.
1. It is open source (anyone can view and modify i