Define Other Terms Chapter 3
1) Central Office This term refers to a Telco office space where the Telco keeps its equipment. Leased lines physically
connect from a Telco customer office building into the CO.
2) Coder - This is
Data on Fixed Line vs. Cellular Debate
With cell phones outnumbering landlines in 2006, according to youra.com, it appears that more
and more people are disconnecting their traditional home-based phones and going completely wireless
Travis Benick, Jason Tollakson, Ben Garbers
Fiber Optic Installation Safety Rules
1. Keep all food and beverages out of the work area. If fiber particles are ingested they can cause
2. Wear disposable aprons to minimize fiber particl
PT1420 Unit 2 Lab 2.1 Pseudocode
Purpose of variable
Stores the cost of fiber
Stores the company name
Stores the number of feet to be installed
Stores the calculated cost of installed fiber
Unit 1 Lab 3.5 Sharing Network Resources
It is important to keep records of this information just in case you forget what you entered for
future use because it even says in the set up that you should use the same name for all computer
Acronyms for Chapter 3
TCIP/IP Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
TCP Transmission Control Protocol
IP Internet Protocol
HTTP Hypertext Transfer Protocol
LAN Local Area Network
WAN Wide Area Network
IEEE The Institute of Electrical and Electr
Intro to Programming
Unit 9 Lab 9.1: Functions in Pseudocode and Visual Basic
Function a. addTen a. addTen (b. number)
Display Enter a number:
Input c. variable number
Set c. result = number + 10
Return d. value of number
1. You have created a simple electrical circuit with a battery, wires, and light bulb. Which of the
following is true about this circuit? (choose two answers) B and c
2. A PC NIC and switch port create one electrical circuit to use w
3.1.1 Every device would need to be the same manufacturer. Every new device need to match
what you already have.
3.1.2 The Bohr model show ionic and covalent bonds between molecules and atoms.
3.1.3 Link, data transfers, transport, network, physical.
Key Terms for Chapter 3
1. TCP/IP -105 defines how a web browser and web server use a TCP/IP network. It
defines the concept of links and nodes, and the functions done by networking devices like
routers and switches.
2. NETWORKING STANDARD -106 Record the
Lab 9.1 Functions and Input Validation
Unit 9 Lab 9
Functions in Pseudocode and Visual Basic
ITT Technical Institute
Introduction to Programming
August 22, 2013
Lab 9.1 Function in Pseudocode and Visual Basic
Answer These Questions
1. IP hosts in two different company TCP/IP networks send IP packets to each other through the
internet. Which of the following is true about the Internet connections that must exist so that the
packets can flo
Answer the Questions
1. An enterprise campus LAN uses wired UTP Ethernet and wireless 802.11 LANs at the
edge of the LAN. Looking at a particular floor in a particular building, all the devices
connect to either a single Ethernet switch or single wireless
4.1 Lab Copper Cabling
Why are standards so important for NICs, connectors, and media? Use your textbook and
Internet research to justify your answer.
So NICs on different service providers can communicate with each other.
Answer These Question
1. Which of the following answers lists a need of transport laye3r protocols that can be met by the
TCP/IP network layer protocols? B
2. Which of the following answers list a need of application layer protocols
Unit 4 assignment 1 : homework
1. How do modules help you to reuse code in a program?
It reduces the duplication of code within a program by reusing the module that was
2. Name and describe the two parts that a module de
Unit 1 Lab 1.5
Start, my computer, local disc and then you can see the folder.
When addressing system performance issues, a key element that is often overlooked is
Unit 1 Lab 2.4
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig
Windows IP Configuration
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Unit 1 Lab 1.6
6.90 GB of space available, and 11.9 GB capacity.
It says to get the hard disk space on a mac or linux OS?
8.00 GB of RAM (7.87GB usable).
Where am I getting this linux or mac OS?
Unit 2 lab 2.3
Definition: A local area network (LAN) supplies networking capability to a group of
computers in close proximity to each other such as in an office building, a school, or a home. A
LAN is useful for sharing resour
Then the devices would not sell as much because most people prefer the WiFi alliance.
Having devices with their own protocol and standards would limit their market value.
Productivity is no longer restricted to a fixed wor
a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical
network segment. MAC addresses are used as a network address for most IEEE
802 network technologies, includingEthernet. Logically, MA