ITT 220 Ch.6
Qs 2-42 even
2. Define Cisco IOS.
Cisco IOS is the operating software used in all Cisco routers.
4. What is a flat network?
A flat network is a network where the LANs share the same broadcast domain.
6. Define the purpose of a gatew
28. Assuming you are an admin for a LAN server, what server polices would you use?
Log in Policies
Installation of peripherals (Printer)
System Maintenance Policies
29. A Authorized us
12 - 1
1. A fiber optic transmission strand, source of invisible infrared radiation, photosensitive
detector, and efficient optical connectors at the light source-to-cable interface and at the
cable-to-photo detector interface.
2. Ill list eight. Extremel
1. High-end layer 3 switches or routers.
3. The speed at which it can establish a network connection.
4. Yes, although it doesnt make any routing decisions, it can quickly make a network
connection decision based on the network hardware connected to it
A repeater is an electronic device that receives a signal and retransmits it at a higher level and/or
higher power, or onto the other side of an obstruction, so that the signal can cover longer
A hub is a device for connecting mult
Pg 279 6
A. edit routing-options static
Pg 280 13
A. (D) ip route 10.10.16.0 255.255.0.0 10.10.10.2
Pg 281 20
Pg 287 90
A. The EIGRP because of the Neighbor Discovery Recovery component. Sending Hello
packets that are used to verify that a
1. List the ways to connect to a router?
a. Attach directly with a console wire through the CON port or remotely by dialing
into a modem attached to the AUX port.
2. What command is used to display the startup configuration of a router?
Question and Problems Section 5-2
1. What are four layers that TCP/IP model? Application layer, transport layer, Internet layer,
network interface layer.
2. Which layer of TCP/IP model processes request from post to make sure the connect
Lab 8.1: Securing a Network
31. Your network is experiencing an excessive amount of pings to your network server.
The pings are from outside the network. Someone suggests that you set an access list to
block ICMP packets coming into the netw
1. When was the first major standard describing a structured cabling system released?
2. What do EIA and TIA stand for?
EIA = Electronics Industries Alliance
TIA = Telecommunications Industry Association.
3. What are the thre
1. Over a Limited Area = LAN, Over a Metropolitan Area = WAN, over Large
Geographic areas = MAN
3. Expand MAC Media Access Control Address (Mac Address)
5. Expand WAN: Wide Area Network
7. Define Topology: Architecture of a Ne
In the case of a Disaster, a DRP (Disaster recovery plan) is needed.
Because IT systems have become increasingly critical to the helping a smooth operation
of a business, and everything relating to that businesses survival, the importance of
Week 1 IT220
Address resolution protocol
1. Used to map an ip address to its Mac address
2. Internet control message protocol
3. Its part of the icmp protocol that requests a reply from a computer
4. To examine how network packets are exch
1. Social engineering, password cracking, dictionary attack, brute force attack, packet
sniffing, and buffer overflow.
2. An attacker calls a user on a network and claims he/she is from the computer support
division of the network. The attacker tell