1. Explain how the transmitter converts a sound wave into an electrical signal in a
standard telephone set.
a. When a sound wave vibrates the diaphragm, the carbon granules vary the
resistance of the entire circuit and the current flow. The varying curren
1. How is sound communicated from one person to another?
a. In analog waveform which is analogous to the sound waves coming from the
vocal cords, within a frequency range of 300 to 4000 Hz.
2. Explain frequency as it pertains to Human communication.
Chapter 5: Review Questions; 1- 23
1. What purpose does the OSI stack perform?
a. To be used by equipment venders when designing and implementing
telecommunications networks. Explains how end-to-end communication
processes function starting at the physica
Research Paper 2
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) has been a pinnacle of the corporate world
ever since it came around. It has been an easy to use and replicate without worry of patent or
licensing infringement. However, in
across the Superhighway
1. Make a sketch of how a local telephone network interfaces with a long distance
Chapter 6; Review Questions: 1 25
TCP is used to carry e-mail, file downloads (FTP), web site exchanges, and on and on.
Its a connection-oriented protocol capable of handling multiple sessions simultaneously. It
also has a
Chapter 12; Review Questions: 1 20
(D) all of the above
(1) 10/100 Ethernet
(2) DS-3 Interface Port
(3) Fiber OC-3 port 6
(D) a and b
(E) a and d
OSPF and RIP
(E) All of the above