1. What did Richard Stallman mean when he stated that GNU was a free operating system?
A. He meant youarerelativelyunfetteredinwhatyoucandowiththesoftware.Youcanmodifyit,useit
Exercises 3 and 4. Page 184
3. If the two commands are not setup with aliases, the file would be overwritten, but it would
copy and move the file named done.
4. You have to use the which or whereis utility, Which locates utilities by displaying the full
Chapter 10: Questions 1, 3, and 5 on page 398
(A) Copies files quickly from one system to another. FTP is not a secure protocol, but scp
(B) Telnet and ssh are basic networking tools that allow Linux users to log in and run
on remote syste
An Introduction to Linux
Chapter 4 & Chapter 8
1. Fedora & Redhat Enterprise Linux
2. Panel Panels are bars that appear on the desktop and hold (panel) abjects.
Menu Bar Displays a menu when you click one of its selections.
1. Linux is only a server, only a techies, Linux dont have the software need,
Linux will not run Windows software, you have to use command lines, you
have to compile everything, there is no tech support, and it does not cost
anything to use.
2. $-means yo
Research Assignment Key
Research Assignment 1-1 & 2-1
Research Assignment 1 -1:
Motherboard, CPU, memory, disk storage, video hardware, input devices, network devices, and
Research Assignment 2-1:
For KDE it would be
Linux Operating System
You can get viruses such as, trojans and worms by using bittorrent.
# yum update
With the source code you can modify the shell and in binary you cannot modify it.
Use -I to leave