is the period of the function
phase shift is
i) is the correct equation
Height =200 feet
Answer the following questions to complete this lab:
1. Describe an ellipse in two sentences.
A Symmetrical Oval shape that is normally elongated vertically or horizontally. With 2
axis, the major and the minor axis.
MA1310: Module 4 Applications of Trigonometry
4.1 Laws of Sines and Cosines
1. Use the values given in the above triangle and find the value of B, b, and c.
Ans = B=35, b=9.3, and c=16
2. Two sides and an angle (SSA) of a triangle ar
MA1310: Module 1 Sequences
Exercise 1.1 Sequences and Notations
1. Describe an arithmetic sequence in two sentences.
When each term after the first differs from the preceding term by a constant amount.
2. Describe a geometric sequence
1.Explain why and represent the same points in polar coordinates.
(r,) and (-r , +180) are the same point because adding 180 tkes you to the exact
of the unit circle , but the MINUS r brings you back to where
Exercise 3.1 Graphs of Sine and Cosine Functions
1. Find the exact value of:
a. sin 300 = sin 60 = sqr(3)/2
b. tan (405) (Hint: 405 = 360 + 45) the tan of 45 is 1
c. cot ( (Hint: )
Exercise Mod 6
1. Define binomial coefficient. Give an example. Write the steps of a graphing utility
to evaluate your binomial coefficient and the final answer.
Is a special notation that uses factorials, for nonnegative integers n an
Mod 5 Forums
A real life application of the dot product of a vector that I found that I could relate
to, applies to the retail sector of things. It also applies to all of us as students. I started a
new class today, and I needed to get
Mod 4 Discussion
A real life use of using the Law of Sines is to find the height of a tree. A tree grows out of the
ground at an angle of 86*, pointing west. We walk west from the base of the tree 57 feet, and
from that point get an an
1. A line segment to which a direction has been assigned.
2. Vectors that have the same magnitude and the same direction.