Console.WriteLine("How many miles did you drive?")
Dim Miles As Integer = Console.ReadLine()
Console.WriteLine("How many gallons of gas did you use?")
Dim Gallons As Integer = Console.ReadLine()
Dim MPG As Decimal = Miles / Gallo
Console.WriteLine("Please enter the price of each item as it is
Console.WriteLine("Item 1 =$")
Dim item1 As Decimal = Console.ReadLine()
Console.WriteLine("Item 2 =$")
Dim item2 As Decimal = Console.ReadLine()
Unit 3 Homework Assignment 1
5. The two things you must Specify Are Variables Name and Data Type
6. The most common value stored is 0
Algorithm Work Bench
Unit 1: Assignment 1: Homework-Short Answer 1-7
The computer cannot run software without the CPU.
0 is off and 1 is on
A digital device is a device that works with binary data.
Key Words or Reserved Words
A complier is used to
1-4 FLOWCHART QUESTIONS ON PAGE 49
5. DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NESTED AND CASE STRUCTURE. Pg. 42
6. first line of case structure starts with case and what comes next. Pg143
7. what value must be in an if then condition statement. 118-119
1. Collective group name for a set of programs pg. 22 Application software?
2. List of operating systems and something else, which is not. Pg.21 Are: Windows, Mac OS X,
3. What an interpreter does and how it works pg. 18 Program that both tran
Unit 4 Assignment One
1. They help reduce the duplication of code within the program.
2. Body and header. The header indicates the starting point of the module and the body is a list of
statements that belong to the module
Unit 2 Assignment 1: Homework
They begin by creating a design of the program using tools such as pseudocode and flowcharts.
Its an informal language that has no syntax rules, and is not meant to be compiled or executed.
1. Input i
Dim Speed As Integer = 60
Dim Distance As Integer
Dim Time As Integer = 5
Distance = Speed * Time
Console.WriteLine("The distance the car will travel in " & Time & "
Hours is " & Distance & " Miles.")
Time = 8
Distance = Speed *
Unit 5 assignment 1 homework
1. An action is performed only when a certain condition is true.
2. dual decision structure so that if the statement were true it would travel one path, if false it would go
the other path
3. nested dec
1.) This option correctly describes the port security feature found on Cisco switches.
A. Provides the capability to restrict the number of MAC addresses allowed to
b. SSID and MAC address
c. IP and MAC address
d. SSID an
1. The boot system Software that manages the boot ware of your computer.
2. The Kernel The hub of the OS system time and memory to programs and handles the
filestore and communications in response to system calls. The kernel is the
HTML code file.
I still could not get the Java Piece to work.
This is what Id get with IE, on my other Laptop as well. I tried IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
Browser would launch, but no prompt still. Java is installed in bo
Chapter 7, pp. 251, Exercises, Questions 3, 4, 8
3. What is a PID? Why are those numbers useful when you run processes in the background?
Which utility displays the PID numbers of the commands you are running?
PID stands for process identification.
Dual Core and Multicore processors have a number of advantages. Choosing one really depends on the
type of function and work youre going to be using your PC for. Dual Core has two computer processors
with an integrated circuit. They sit side
LAB 10 WORKSHEET
Exercise 10.1 Using Event Viewer
In this exercise, you began the process of troubleshooting a
server and isolating the most important events in the Windows
Server 2008 logs.
Cloud computing, if done correctly, delivers unprecedented cost efficiency,
scalability, flexibility, elasticity, interoperability, reliability and security. But take a
step back. Cloud Computing is actually a general classificati
Peer-to-Peer vs Client/Server Networks
There are some noticeable differences between peer to peer and client/server networks.
Peer-to-peer networks usually consist of a number of computers connected together
sharing resources. With Peer-to-Peer,