Chapter One Review Questions
1. What are the properties of living organisms? Describe how an
oak tree fulfills these properties.
2. Describe the two mechanisms by which genes travel through
populations and cause evolution.
3. Describe the three domains.
Mean of zones of inhibtion (mm)
Fig. 1. The average effectiveness of antibiotics and the standard error against MRSA
Key: PE = penicillin, ME = methicillin, CE = cephalothin, VA = vancomycin
Number of Cells in Each Phase
Fig. 3. Effect of chemicals isolated from Burnip fuseberry flowers on division of skin cells in culture
The Effectiveness of Various Antibiotics on MRSA
Principles of Biology Laboratory Section 003 (1:00 2:50)
28th August 2015
Dr. J. Bowman
The objective of this study was to determine the effectiven
Table 1: Testing for Carbohydrates in Different Compounds and Food Stuffs
BIOL 1114 Essay Questions for Exam I
Examine the cell to the left. Explain how a
secreted protein would proceed through
the endomembrane system. Be sure to
label the appropriate parts of the cell.
2. If a chemotherapeutic drug targeted the kinetochore
The Chemical Basis of Life: Macromolecules
What are you supposed to be learning about by doing the lab?
We are supposed to be understanding the function of macromolecules.
What are the objectives for this lab?
Chapter 4 HW Questions
1. Restate the cell theory in your own words.
2. What is the problem with using only light to look at cells? How is
this problem resolved?
3. A primary difference between eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells is
Chapter 15A HW Questions
1. What are homologous chromosomes and sister chromatids?
2. What are the phases of the cell cycle? Are the terms cell cycle
and mitosis synonyms?
3. Describe the three checkpoints of the cell cycle.
4. Answer Experimental Questio