Directing Food, Exercise, and Body
Dr. William Kirkpatrick
September 29, 2015
As far as a wellness screening definition is concerned, it literally involves
the screening of
January 29, 2015
Cost of Eating for 3 Days
January 29, 2016
1. Actin- A thin protein filament that acts with myosin filaments to produce
2. Action potential- A rapid and substantial depolarization of the membrane of
a neuron or muscle cell that is
Chapter 5 & 9
1. What is the purpose of your initial check of the victim?
A. To check for minor injuries
B. To determine if any life-threatening conditions need immediate care
C. To get consent from the victim before giving care
D. To ask for information
1. When you give rescue breaths, how much air should you breathe into the victim?
A. Enough to make the stomach clearly rise
B. Enough to make the chest clearly rise
C. Enough to feel resistance
D. Enough to fill the victims cheeks
2. Care for v
1. Guidelines to follow when moving a victim are?
A. Walk carefully, using short steps
B. Bend your body at the knees and hips
C. Lift with your legs, not your back
D. All of the above
2. Which would you use to move a victim with a suspected hea
1. Which is the correct sequence of actions for giving care to an unconscious choking infant,
starting from the time you first realize your breaths will not go in.
1. Give 30 chest compressions
2. Check for an object
3. Repeat 2 rescue breaths
1. A fibrous tissue that is able to contract, allowing and causing movement of organs and body
parts is called _.
E. None of the above
2. Body cavities includes _.
A. Thoracic cavity
B. Spinal cavity
Chapter 15 & 16
1. Your father has diabetes. He also suffered a stroke a year ago. You find him lying on the floor,
unconscious. What should you do after calling 9-1-1 or the local emergency number?
A. Call his physician
B. Life his head up and try to giv
Chapter 17 & 18
1. Which of the following should you do to care for a scorpion sting?
A. Apply suction to the wound
B. Wash the wound and apply a cold pack
C. Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number
D. B and C
2. Which of the following is true of substan
Chapter 13 & 14
1. Which are the most common causes of serious head, neck and back injury?
A. Motor vehicle accidents
B. Sports-related injuries
2. Serious injuries to the head, neck or back can damage?
A. Soft tissues
B. Nerve tissue
1. To prevent infection of a minor open wound you should
A. Wash the area with soap and water
B. Apply a pressure bandage
C. Remove all jewelry
D. Wrap the affected area with moist sterile dressings.
2. A signal of an infected open wound is
Chapter 11 & 12
1. Which should you do when caring for an injured joint?
A. Have the victim immediately move the injured area
B. Straighten the injured area before splinting
C. Apply cold to the injured area
D. Keep the injured area below the level of hea